opinions on accutane?

by l-1j-cho
Tags: accutane, opinions
l-1j-cho
Jul19-11, 09:55 AM
P: 110
hi

I will start taking isotretinoin(accutane) this september. My dermatologist suggested this powerful and effective drug before trying any medication. However, as I explore the side effects of this drug, I am really worried about taking this drug.

Has anyone ever taken this drug? How was your experience?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Treating depression in Parkinson's patients
More than a quarter of emergency contraceptives in Peru falsified or substandard
Oil-swishing craze: Snake oil or all-purpose remedy?
Ryan_m_b
Jul19-11, 10:23 AM
Mentor
P: 5,341
Quote Quote by l-1j-cho View Post
My dermatologist suggested this powerful and effective drug before trying any medication.
This doesn't make sense to me, isotretinoin is a medication so taking it "before trying any medication" is nonsensical.

I don't think you will find answers here, we do not provide medical diagnosis on Physics Forums: http://physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=173247 on this basis it would be irresponsible for people to try and give you medical advice when they are not qualified and do not possess intimate knowledge of your medical circumstances. I would advise that you go and talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.
l-1j-cho
Jul19-11, 11:42 AM
oops I just want to hear other people's story. sorry

l-1j-cho
Jul19-11, 11:44 AM

opinions on accutane?

Quote Quote by ryan_m_b View Post
This doesn't make sense to me, isotretinoin is a medication so taking it "before trying any medication" is nonsensical.

I.
I meant isotretionin is more like a last resort because of it is surely effective but accompanies with side effects (as in relation to other drugs)
berkeman
Jul19-11, 12:03 PM
Mentor
P: 39,619
Quote Quote by l-1j-cho View Post
I meant isotretionin is more like a last resort because of it is surely effective but accompanies with side effects (as in relation to other drugs)
Here is a page with detailed information about the drug. Please read it over, and then make an appointment to talk it over with your doctor. Take a copy of the article with you to the appointment, to help you in the discussion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000532/

Register to reply