Register to reply

Algebra Books Question

by Miike012
Tags: algebra, books
Share this thread:
Miike012
Aug10-11, 04:29 PM
P: 1,011
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, I tryed posting in the learning materials section but an error occured when trying to post.
Currently I am reading a book called " Elementry Algebra " by Henry Sinclair.. Great book.
My question is, are there other good algebra books that any one can recommend?
thank you.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
eumyang
Aug10-11, 05:20 PM
HW Helper
P: 1,347
Quote Quote by Miike012 View Post
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, I tryed posting in the learning materials section but an error occured when trying to post.
Currently I am reading a book called " Elementry Algebra " by Henry Sinclair.. Great book.
My question is, are there other good algebra books that any one can recommend?
thank you.
I was wondering where you were getting those obscure algebra problems from. Those problems are quite above the level of "Elementary Algebra" or "Algebra I" that students study today. I'm not sure you'll find a textbook, currently used by schools, that will approach this level.

FWIW, I like Introductory Algebra by Lial, because the teaching is done in the text. Buy a used, older edition and you can get it for cheap.
Miike012
Aug10-11, 05:34 PM
Quote Quote by eumyang View Post
I was wondering where you were getting those obscure algebra problems from. Those problems are quite above the level of "Elementary Algebra" or "Algebra I" that students study today. I'm not sure you'll find a textbook, currently used by schools, that will approach this level.

FWIW, I like Introductory Algebra by Lial, because the teaching is done in the text. Buy a used, older edition and you can get it for cheap.
Someone from this forum actually recommended the book I am currently reading thats how I found it.
And thank you for the recommendation, I will check it out right now.

Miike012
Aug11-11, 03:27 PM
Algebra Books Question

Quote Quote by eumyang View Post

you mentioned that these problems are more advanced than an algebra 1 course... Is this book you recommended advanced?

Register to reply