Register to reply

Steady-State to Transfer Function Using MATLAB

by pags920
Tags: function, matlab, steadystate, transfer
Share this thread:
pags920
Nov28-11, 08:42 PM
P: 21
I am trying to use MATLAB to obtain a transfer function, for my Controls class. I will be honest, I have no experience using MATLAB, but our professor insists on us using it to find the transfer function. MATLAB is not a prerequisite for this class. Before I start attempt to find my transfer function, I wanted to make sure I can run the function first. I am having trouble using it. Below is my code that I have on my .m file.

A=[0 500; -3.3333 -33.3333]
B=[0; 3.3333]
C=[1 0]
D=[0]

[NUM,DEM]=ss2tf(A,B,C,D,1)
When I run this .m file, I get the following error:

??? Attempt to execute SCRIPT ss2tf as a function.

Error in ==> ss2tf at 6
[NUM,DEM]=ss2tf(A,B,C,D,1)
Can anyone help an inexperienced MATLAB user?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Floid
Nov29-11, 07:08 AM
P: 235
You can't name your .m file with a name that is reserved for a Matlab function (in this case ss2tf). So rename your .m file something other than ss2tf.m and it should work fine.

Unfortunately Matlab doesn't do any checking or enforcement of this other than giving you a vague error like that. But what is happening is that when it gets to the ss2tf function call in your .m file it is confused as to whether you want to call the .m file again or the Matlab function since they both have the same name.
pags920
Dec3-11, 03:05 PM
P: 21
Apparently, this command doesn't work with my version of MATLAB. I have an older version, and I tried this on MATLAB 2010 and it works just fine.

Register to reply