P: 25,945
Oh, she's a beauty!!! ROGER!!!!!!

Thanks for the pics DL.
dlgoff
Mar18-12, 10:42 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,633
I've been so busy building/repairing fence, building a tomato trellis, and getting the garden ready for a early spring, I'm just now giving an update.

Roger has three red pullet friends. Last Sunday I bought six (even Evo and I together couldn't consume that many eggs) but the neighbor man was willing to buy three.

Roger was a little jealous for the first couple of days when I would go into the chicks chicken-wire, walk-in side of the coup. She would pace in front of the wire door until I came out. After I picked her up and showed affection, she was okay though.
Evo
Mar18-12, 10:58 PM
Mentor
P: 25,945
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
I've been so busy building/repairing fence, building a tomato trellis, and getting the garden ready for a early spring, I'm just now giving an update.

Roger has three red pullet friends. Last Sunday I bought six (even Evo and I together couldn't consume that many eggs) but the neighbor man was willing to buy three.

Roger was a little jealous for the first couple of days when I would go into the chicks chicken-wire, walk-in side of the coup. She would pace in front of the wire door until I came out. After I picked her up and showed affection, she was okay though.
Aww, pictures!!!
Byrons
Mar28-12, 01:26 AM
P: 0
Hi Dlgoff,
Nice chicken threat and great chicks pictures. Do share more pictures with their feed and safety tips to make this threat more useful for those who have started raising chicken.
rhody
Mar28-12, 05:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 765
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Aww, pictures!!!
Yeah, what Evo said... cheep cheep cheep...

Rhody...
dlgoff
Mar28-12, 08:35 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
Yeah, what Evo said... cheep cheep cheep...

Rhody...
Since my daughter moved, I don't have access to a camera. But I'm in the market for a simple point-and-shoot when I can get some time (and money) to get one.

The chicks are getting all feathered out in dark red.

Would you like some of Rogers eggs?
dlgoff
Mar28-12, 08:40 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Byrons View Post
Hi Dlgoff,
... and safety tips to make this threat more useful for those who have started raising chicken.
Chick starter feed should contain some antibiotics and when they're around 6 months old give them some higher protein (15%) feed for egg production.
lisab
Mar28-12, 08:53 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Since my daughter moved, I don't have access to a camera. But I'm in the market for a simple point-and-shoot when I can get some time (and money) to get one.

The chicks are getting all feathered out in dark red.

Would you like some of Rogers eggs?
Eating eggs from a Roger...that seems wrong to me.
dlgoff
Mar28-12, 08:59 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Eating eggs from a Roger...that seems wrong to me.
Being loved by a Roger Chicken seems wrong to me.
lisab
Mar28-12, 09:10 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Being loved by a Roger Chicken seems wrong to me.
Aaawwww...is she a sweet hen? Most of the ones I had were kind of stand-off-ish, but once in a while there would be one would was very affectionate. Usually that meant pecking at my shoe but that's how they show love .

Chickens are great!
dlgoff
Mar28-12, 09:20 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Aaawwww...is she a sweet hen? Most of the ones I had were kind of stand-off-ish, but once in a while there would be one would was very affectionate. Usually that meant pecking at my shoe but that's how they show love .

Chickens are great!
Roger loves to be petted. When I enter the coup, she flies up to the nesting boxes and gets her body right next to me in order to cuddle up. I have to hug her and stroke her feathers. When I told my neighbor about how affectionate she was he didn't believe it until I showed him. He shook his head in amazement while he was petting her.
dlgoff
Jun8-12, 04:26 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Roger loves to be petted. When I enter the coup, she flies up to the nesting boxes and gets her body right next to me in order to cuddle up. I have to hug her and stroke her feathers. When I told my neighbor about how affectionate she was he didn't believe it until I showed him. He shook his head in amazement while he was petting her.
A couple of Roger pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Roger flying wings.JPG   Roger under wing scratch.JPG  
edward
Jun8-12, 10:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 861
Oh Oh, now I am remembering last summer when I chicken sat with my neighbors hens. That was a long two weeks. (post 81)

Register to reply