Register to reply

Latex Viewer?

by NeutronStar
Tags: latex, viewer
Share this thread:
NeutronStar
Nov10-04, 01:10 PM
P: 418
Does anyone know of any free latex viewer software that can be download.

I was actually thinking about writing something in VB just for my own personal use. But if it's already been done why reinvent the wheel?

Also who owns Latex? I mean, if I wrote a Latex viewer program in VB could I sell it? Or would it be under some kind of legal restriction because it specifically recognizes Latex code?

Anybody know?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
imabug
Nov10-04, 01:33 PM
P: 345
I usually use YAP (Yet Another Previewer) that comes with the MikTex distribution.
graphic7
Nov10-04, 01:36 PM
PF Gold
P: 560
What do you mean by a LaTeX 'viewer?' From the gist of the thread I feel that you are referring to a LaTeX IDE to write LaTeX documents, this wouldn't be too hard to accomplish (hell you can write LaTeX source in Notepad). If you're referring to a viewer such as Yap that reads a rendered DVI or PS file, then that's going to be much more difficult to write. I suggest Yap as a viewer, and TeXniCenter for an IDE.

There is a propiertary LaTeX IDE called 'Winedit.' It is shareware, therefore, it would not be illegal to produce and sale one yourself. I'm rather sure LaTeX is GPL'd, meaning it has a very open license. Anyone, feel free to correct me here.

Register to reply