|Jan2-12, 03:00 PM||#1|
Wireless Connection Bad
Living out in the country has it's advantages and disadvantages. The wireless connection is bad. Trying to get from the house to a steel garage. Using a wireless device hard-wired to pc in house but the connection won't go into the garage. Garage is about 35 to 40 ft from house and have the other pc sitting in window facing house. Any suggestions on how to achieve better results?
|Jan2-12, 03:20 PM||#2|
You should position the antennas themselves in the windows. That distance should work fine.
|Jan11-12, 03:20 PM||#3|
This is my first post in this forum, and maybe this problem has been posted here already, but i tried many things and didn't get a solution.
Here is the problem:
I have a router D-Link DI-524 and an D-Link DWL-G132 USB network wireless adapter. The router is configured, everything working fine with cable connections. All pcs have fixed ip configured.
Both of the wireless connections get terrible speed, even though the signal is shown as "very strong".
Reading many things on the internet, i tried many things:
1. Changed the channel to many values, like 11 or 2;
2. changed the ssid to something very uncommon;
3. changed the wireless mode to all possible values: mixed or G;
4. thinking somethin was wrong with the wireless network adapter i tried with a different computer, a notebook, faced the same problem;
5. read somewhere it could be interference, then i turned off 2.4GHz phones and even wireless keyboards and mouses. Didn't work also, got problem even when the notebook in front of the access point.
I noticed i got some packages lost sometimes when i "pinged" some hosts at the internet.
Can someone help me?
|Jan20-12, 06:52 AM||#4|
Wireless Connection Bad
Interference from other wireless devices may be your problem. Neighbors devices, microwave ovens, cordless phones and other radio sources can effect your wireless data throughput.
If you move your wireless setup to another location it can tell you if your problem is local interference, or something else.
|Similar Threads for: Wireless Connection Bad|
|wireless advantage and disadvantage||General Physics||6|
|Spin connection vs. Christoffel connection||High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics||3|
|Wireless phone vs wireless internet ?||Computing & Technology||19|
|Wireless Internet Connection||Electrical Engineering||3|
|How to enable my PC for Wireless Internet Connection ?||Computing & Technology||6|