Pursue a Physics Career in US: Salaries Up to $100K

In summary, the conversation discusses the career prospects in quantum physics, specifically in Thailand and the United States. The salary for a physics career in Thailand is significantly lower compared to the US, with a range of 5,000-10,000 US dollars per year. The individual is considering studying in countries like Germany or China for better opportunities. The conversation also touches upon the importance of a bachelor's degree in physics and mentions that not all jobs in the field pay well, especially in theoretical work.
Black Integra
I am a high school student and planning to study in physics-> Quantum -> QFT//Standard model. Physics career in my country, Thailand, is very unexpected because of its very low salary;5,000-10,000 US dollars per years. While in US, it's up to 100,000 dollars.

I don't really mean to specify on united states. I want to know if there are other places that are very good for quantum physics career. Or should I go to Germany, or china or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you want to do with that degree? Keep in mind you're talking about things you'd study at the graduate level, but first you just need to earn a bachelors degree in physics. Not all jobs in physics pay that well, especially in theoretical work.

1. What are the job prospects for a physics career in the US?

The job prospects for a physics career in the US are very good, with a projected growth rate of 7% from 2019 to 2029. This is faster than the average for all occupations, making it a promising field for employment.

2. What is the average salary for a physics career in the US?

The average salary for a physics career in the US is $100,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and specific job role.

3. What kind of education is needed for a physics career in the US?

Most positions in the field of physics require at least a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field. However, for higher-level positions, a graduate degree, such as a master's or Ph.D., may be required.

4. What skills are important for success in a physics career in the US?

Some important skills for success in a physics career in the US include strong mathematical and analytical skills, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work well in a team environment.

5. Are there opportunities for advancement in a physics career in the US?

Yes, there are many opportunities for advancement in a physics career in the US. With experience and further education, individuals can move into higher-level positions, such as research scientists, professors, or even management roles.