Fruits make you fat?

by chound
Tags: fruits
Brain Vitamin
Jan21-12, 03:39 PM
P: 1
Many fruits are actually quite high in calories because of high amounts of sugar. Natural sugar or not, too much can make you pack on the pounds.

So it's definitely possible to eat a ton of "healthy" stuff like plums, grapes, etc. and get fat. "but... it's healthy!!!" you say..

Healthy or not, it's still a lot of calories, and something to consider.
Thermodave
Feb6-12, 12:56 PM
P: 41
Find one person in the United States that became obese by eating too many natural fruits. Honestly, there are bigger fish to fry: sedentary lifestyles and junk food.

By the way, BMI is a pretty decent indicator for people who aren't body builders. Most people, even most athletic people, do not have to worry about their muscle mass pushing them into an obese BMI level. By decent indicator, I mean it's something the average person can figure out without complex calculations or measurements.
thomasmite
Apr10-12, 06:46 AM
P: 3
No It is not right. Fruits are the best and important foods which cannot increase weight and fat level. In fact mostly people use fruits in his diet plan and get advantage from them. Fruits helps to keep weight at a normal level and cannot increase weight. When you eat more and burn less calories the difference of it result in over weight. So I think fruits cannot increase weight.
Ryan_m_b
Apr10-12, 06:48 AM
Mentor
P: 5,343
Quote Quote by thomasmite View Post
No It is not right. Fruits are the best and important foods which cannot increase weight and fat level. In fact mostly people use fruits in his diet plan and get advantage from them. Fruits helps to keep weight at a normal level and cannot increase weight. When you eat more and burn less calories the difference of it result in over weight. So I think fruits cannot increase weight.
This is patently incorrect. Over eating fruits will cause you to gain wait as well as giving you a variety of other health problems.
KBeacon
Apr11-12, 01:35 AM
P: 2
I don't think fruits make anyone fat.
It is the best food for those who are trying to lose their weight.

Register to reply