I've got my FTL boots on... (another silly black hole question)

by Spourk
Tags: black, boots, hole, silly
Spourk
Feb16-12, 01:39 PM
P: 52
Has anyone here read "Neutron Star"?

Would blue shifted light actually be harmful if you were exposed to it going close to c?

Or stuck in a gravity well for that matter, around a Neutron star...

I mean, nevermind tidal effects, mass increase, dust particles nipping you and causing thermonuclear reactions...
Drakkith
Feb16-12, 07:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 11,022
Quote Quote by Spourk View Post
Would blue shifted light actually be harmful if you were exposed to it going close to c?
Absolutely. Get to a high enough speed and the microwave radiation background blue shifts into high energy gamma rays.
Spourk
Feb17-12, 06:17 PM
Drakkith, what is up with your icon? Are you a Doom player? }=D (I love Doom)
Drakkith
Feb17-12, 06:21 PM
PF Gold
Drakkith, what is up with your icon? Are you a Doom player? }=D (I love Doom)
Is it from Doom? I thought so, but wasn't 100% sure. I used to play Doom as a kid.
Spourk
Feb17-12, 06:26 PM
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
Is it from Doom? I thought so, but wasn't 100% sure. I used to play Doom as a kid.
You can still play it! :D Check out Zdaemon. It's basically a multiplayer Doom interface, and you can pick up .wad files just about anywhere.
Drakkith
Feb17-12, 07:02 PM
PF Gold
You can still play it! :D Check out Zdaemon. It's basically a multiplayer Doom interface, and you can pick up .wad files just about anywhere.
I have the whole series on Steam I think. But anways, back to the topic, did you have any more questions regarding blueshift and redshift or anything?
Spourk
Feb17-12, 09:39 PM
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
I have the whole series on Steam I think. But anways, back to the topic, did you have any more questions regarding blueshift and redshift or anything?
Nope, sorry to deter from the topic, that was mostly a personal curiosity.

My own question was answered, though, and thanks. :)

Register to reply