by Evo
Tags: emptying, stomach
Share this thread:
rhody
Feb21-12, 09:53 AM
PF Gold
P: 765
Evo,

I just read your thread for the first time, with some good insight by others give and take with you, please see your gastroenterologist soon, and if you are not happy him/her, get a referral for another one. I am concerned for you. There isn't a time when I log on PF that your health it isn't the first or second thing on my mind.

Rhody...
Evo
Feb21-12, 12:23 PM
Mentor
P: 26,546
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
Evo,

I just read your thread for the first time, with some good insight by others give and take with you, please see your gastroenterologist soon, and if you are not happy him/her, get a referral for another one. I am concerned for you. There isn't a time when I log on PF that your health it isn't the first or second thing on my mind.

Rhody...
I have a new gastroenterologist, he's ordered a bunch of tests, I forgot to tell him about my stomach not emptying. I mentioned this to his nurse when she happened to call me. She's anti-mint.

I guess I should also mention that 3 doctors have agreed that my nissen fundoplication over 3 years ago was botched and is causing my problems. Unfortunately they all agree that surgery to repair the damage is too dangerous. I've been told that the surgery is so risky that only a surgeon that specializes in this surgery can perform it, and if you don't die, it's unlikely to help, so no one will recommend it.

Great. So that's were I am, victim of a botched surgery with a ton of problems. So they are looking at individual symptoms to provide relief, but not very hard. I think this new doctor will take things farther.
cisono
Feb22-12, 06:30 PM
P: 3
> I'm taking a proton pump inhibitor, twice the recommended amount (per doctor's orders).

Therein lies your answer.

Why are you taking a PPI by the way? - (if I may ask)

I used to have delayed gastric-emptying last year after a week of bad digestive disturbances while on holiday in India. The doctor attributed the problems - which included nausea and burping - to H. Pylori (I tested positive) and tried to give me PPIs. Now, where is the sense in that? They would have reduced acidity in my stomach and made digestion take even longer (as well as create other problems). Food was already taking AGES to digest as it was!

What has helped me instead has been taking digestive enzymes with my two main meals and also probiotics.

Good luck!

Register to reply