Where will they go?

by SixNein
Tags: None
ThomasT
Feb29-12, 03:16 AM
P: 1,414
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Tougher question than the OP, IMHO.
It seems so. How many non and semi skilled individuals will be needed 10, 20, 30 years from now? Will the employment proportions change? Will a significant number of even college degree holders fall into this category? What will the proportion of outsourced/offshored jobs and imported employees be?

I guess that where they will go and where they won't go are both problematic projections.

It entails making certain assumptions about the applicability of current trends, making assumptions about policy changes and effects of those changes, and then doing projections based on those assumptions.
OmCheeto
Mar1-12, 08:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,369
Quote Quote by ThomasT View Post
It seems so. How many non and semi skilled individuals will be needed 10, 20, 30 years from now? Will the employment proportions change? Will a significant number of even college degree holders fall into this category? What will the proportion of outsourced/offshored jobs and imported employees be?

I guess that where they will go and where they won't go are both problematic projections.

It entails making certain assumptions about the applicability of current trends, making assumptions about policy changes and effects of those changes, and then doing projections based on those assumptions.
My company sent me to a class a month ago. As an old dude, I loved the whole thing. Then I got to speak to the instructor, one on one, last week. We talked business, and then we diverged into, "I'm retiring and...", talked 'future' business. He recommended I read "The Coming Jobs War". I think he recognized that I was both insanely optimistic about my idea, and, um, quit naive...

Register to reply