Krotov's Aptitude Test Problems in Physics

by Gunthi
Tags: book, krotov, physics, problems
saurabhid
Dec31-10, 12:57 AM
P: 10
Quote Quote by bguidry17 View Post
Thank you so much!
I've sent you a private message regarding the books, good luck!
khil_phys
Aug28-11, 08:52 AM
P: 93
Quote Quote by saurabhid View Post
I'd agree with you Sukhbir on H. C. Verma's book but not 100%, Firstly, even if mostly its not original, you would get Benefit studying it ( everything at one place). Secondly there are few topics (e.g collision or when two blocks with spring collide) where H.C. Verma explains much better then any of the other books. Thirdly, it does has problems ranging from very simple ( plug and chug) to very sophisticated ( some even harder then Irodov's) and it has multiple choice questions ( some of them are very good).
I would rather say that Resnick/Halliday/Walker have much tougher questions that Verma.
zonk
Aug28-11, 12:33 PM
P: 44
What sort of physics background would you need to benefit from this book? Would a freshman level do?
saurabhid
Aug28-11, 11:04 PM
Quote Quote by zonk View Post
What sort of physics background would you need to benefit from this book? Would a freshman level do?
Yes, Freshman level Physics covers the topics that Krotov's book cover, but let me warn you that the problems in Krotov's book are much tougher
saurabhid
Aug28-11, 11:08 PM
Quote Quote by khil_phys View Post
I would rather say that Resnick/Halliday/Walker have much tougher questions that Verma.
I found that last few problems in each chapter of Verma's books are much difficult then Resnik/Walker and sometimes even more difficult then Irodov's. Sorry couldn't agree with you :)
khil_phys
Aug29-11, 07:58 AM
There's no question of being sorry. Each to his own.
khil_phys
Aug29-11, 08:00 AM
And how would compare Irodov and Krotov on the problem-difficulty level and the variety level?
issacnewton
Dec5-11, 08:07 PM
P: 607
I didn't find H.C.Verma very good. The language in problems is not precise. Sometimes its not clear what he is asking. Irodov language is very precise and accurate, like most of those Mir books on physics.

By the way, the book by Krotov has been posted here

http://mirtitles.org/2011/12/05/scie...ems-in-physics

this website by an indian, has many other Mir titles..... I was looking for Krotov for zillion years

Edit: Direct link for the Krotov's book is

http://ifile.it/g6fpt8w
richukuttan
Feb13-12, 09:18 AM
P: 4
It's there for free download at 4shared.com.
Dr. Physics
Mar3-12, 11:57 PM
P: 33
can you please update the download link.
issacnewton
Mar4-12, 06:03 AM
send me your email by PM, Dr.Physics
cmb
Mar4-12, 06:10 AM
P: 623
amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Science-Ever.../dp/8123904886
issacnewton
Mar4-12, 10:07 PM
I have ebook copy of the book. PM me. I don't think anybody owns copyright for this.
i_am_ayush
Jul26-13, 07:48 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by Acut View Post
Hey, I was about to ask the same thing, when I found your post!
(it's not visibility then!)
I've also googled it, and even found some websites that sell it, but it appears they only ship to India (I live in south america, so, it isn't very helpful!). It also seems to be very cheap and very hard (I've read in a forum it is so cheap that it isn't even worth downloading it), I believe it's worth buying it!

By the way, is there a solution's manual for Krotov (as there is for Irodov)? I'm a self learner, so if it doesn't have the solutions in the book, or a solution's manual, it will not be very helpful.

By the way (2), there seems to be a few more authors with problem books worth buying:

A.A Pinsky Problems in Physics Reference Book
S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics Reference Book
L.A. Sena A collection of questions and Problems in Physics Reference Book
V.Zubov & V.Shalnov Problem in Physics Reference Book

Anyone here knows something about these books (difficulty, availability of answers etc) and how to buy them?

Many Thanks!

Hi

I saw some Kinda rush hour here Hence i give you this..

<non-functioning link deleted>

Register to reply