I want to open a cat cafe!

by Math Is Hard
Tags: cafe
Share this thread:
Greg Bernhardt
Mar5-12, 08:33 PM
Admin
P: 9,282
I think that is your calling!!! That rock wall with the ledges is awesome!
Evo
Mar5-12, 08:42 PM
Mentor
P: 26,433
Awww, love it!

jim hardy
Mar5-12, 08:43 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 3,509
I want to open a cat cafe!

Well - there's a successful kitty B&B in Tulsa
my sister boards her cat here when they travel..

http://thecatnipcottage.com/
Drakkith
Mar5-12, 08:45 PM
Mentor
P: 11,508
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
I've got two hairballs. Want them for your business?
Ivan Seeking
Mar5-12, 08:50 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
I'm putting up a sign tomorrow.

I should send this to my customers with a notice that office visits will have a cat surcharge added from now on.
turbo
Mar5-12, 08:57 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Neat idea. I don't charge, but I do have to slow down and spend time when people are attracted to Duke. He is one heck of an ice-breaker, and people want to touch him and talk to him and ask about him.

My wife and I could easily have a doggie-hostel here. Our part-time neighbors from Mass, have a cute little white dog that minds me even better than Duke does, and she loves visiting and ramming around this little house with Duke on her trail. When the neighbors come up for a weekend of snowmobiling, they have an open invitation to leave Roady with us (especially if they want to make an overnight ride), though they haven't taken us up on it. Duke would love it!
turbo
Mar5-12, 08:57 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
I'm putting up a sign tomorrow.

I should send this to my customers with a notice that office visits will have a cat surcharge added from now on.
How much for looking at cats, and how much for touching cats?
OmCheeto
Mar5-12, 08:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
I think that is your calling!!! That rock wall with the ledges is awesome!
Umm.... Greg, that rock wall, was made out of wood.

Greg Bernhardt
Mar5-12, 09:00 PM
Admin
P: 9,282
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Umm.... Greg, that rock wall, was made out of wood.

oooooh interesting, i thought it looked familiar... something i had seen long ago as a child. :D
ThomasT
Mar5-12, 09:08 PM
P: 1,414
"Ota spends most of her day touching metal". She spends $16 for unlimited time with the cats ... and a drink. Hmmm.

"Cats are just little people with fur." Hmmm.

Ok, I like animals, cats included, and cats don't really do much, so I guess interacting with them can be relaxing. Or boring. Unless of course you want to get them to actually do something, which can be frustrating ... and therefore stressful.

But of course, these people just want to interact ... with cats. Hmmm.
Pengwuino
Mar5-12, 09:13 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Any invading aliens are going to start wondering exactly which species is in charge...
Drakkith
Mar5-12, 10:01 PM
Mentor
P: 11,508
Quote Quote by ThomasT View Post
"Ota spends most of her day touching metal". She spends $16 for unlimited time with the cats ... and a drink. Hmmm.

"Cats are just little people with fur." Hmmm.

Ok, I like animals, cats included, and cats don't really do much, so I guess interacting with them can be relaxing. Or boring. Unless of course you want to get them to actually do something, which can be frustrating ... and therefore stressful.

But of course, these people just want to interact ... with cats. Hmmm.
Cats are more subtle than dogs when it comes to do tricks and stuff. I don't even try to teach my cats tricks, as it's mostly futile. However that doesn't bother me because a cat simply being a cat is usually humorous enough itself. Mine do crazy things all the time. If you want to spend time doing something with an animal, don't get a cat. If you don't mind have an animal around that's mostly independent, yet can be loveable and funny just by being itself, get a cat.
lisab
Mar5-12, 10:06 PM
Mentor
P: 2,974
Quote Quote by ThomasT View Post
Unless of course you want to get them to actually do something, which can be frustrating ... and therefore stressful.
The real fun is when you realize your cat has trained you. Cats have discovered humans are quite amenable to training.
turbo
Mar5-12, 10:46 PM
PF Gold
Back when my wife and I were first married, we ended up in Bangor living across the street from some old friends who had "too many" cats. They had a blue-eyed white Persian that wouldn't leave me alone. She was as deaf as a post, but for some reason she could always tell when I entered the house and as soon as I sat somewhere she was in my lap, rubbing her head on my chest and purring like a chain-saw. She made sure that I wasn't mobbed by the other cats - I was HERS!

I was trying to pick up more technical courses at college and then working some insane hours on construction, so she was a bit of a "chill pill" for me, even though I had never been a cat-over.
lisab
Mar5-12, 10:54 PM
Mentor
P: 2,974
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Back when my wife and I were first married, we ended up in Bangor living across the street from some old friends who had "too many" cats. They had a blue-eyed white Persian that wouldn't leave me alone. She was as deaf as a post, but for some reason she could always tell when I entered the house and as soon as I sat somewhere she was in my lap, rubbing her head on my chest and purring like a chain-saw. She made sure that I wasn't mobbed by the other cats - I was HERS!

I was trying to pick up more technical courses at college and then working some insane hours on construction, so she was a bit of a "chill pill" for me, even though I had never been a cat-over.
*wonders if turbo has ever been a cat-under*
turbo
Mar5-12, 10:57 PM
PF Gold
Oops!

If there was ever one cat that I loved, it was Midnight. She set the rules and I had to play by them.
ThomasT
Mar6-12, 12:00 AM
P: 1,414
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
The real fun is when you realize your cat has trained you. Cats have discovered humans are quite amenable to training.
No doubt. Dogs too.

Register to reply