(Was there a question?)
NascentOxygen
Mar1-12, 09:45 AM
HW Helper
P: 4,715
Quote Quote by mathish View Post
Hi all,

I need a voltage to voltage converter design(circuit) from DC +/-5V to +/-15V
Hello mathish. I see you are new to physics forums.

Circuits to do this task can be complicated if you require heavy currents. What maximum current are you needing of each polarity? Do the voltages need to be regulated? What sort of supply do you have that provides the +5v and -5v?

Enjoy your time here on the forums.

M Quack
Mar1-12, 10:01 AM
P: 635

Voltage to Voltage converter design

The simplest design is to use a single component.

http://www.tracopower.com/products/d...neral-purpose/

But maybe that is considered cheating?
mathish
Mar3-12, 04:57 AM
P: 2
I had seen some LM series based dc -dc converter circuits for supply voltage of 70MHz high speed amplifier with the input current rating of 8.5 mA.is this suitable for this one ..If anybody know the answer for this one ..
Plz suggest for ur ideas...
cmb
Mar3-12, 05:10 AM
P: 623
I had seen some LM series based dc -dc converter circuits for supply voltage of 70MHz high speed amplifier with the input current rating of 8.5 mA.is this suitable for this one ..If anybody know the answer for this one ..
What's the question???

You've not specified what you need it for, nor whether you're asking for directions to a suitable design, nor shown your own efforts to find such a design, nor have begun by discussing variations required for your particular application, which would require the following matters in any case;

a) if you are referring to +/- split supplies or whether you actually mean +DC/0
b) you've not specified the current requirement you need to meet
c) you've not qualified the voltage quality you need
d) you'e not specified if you need floating, or DC de-coupled, or other type of output
e) you've not even specified if the output can be 15VAC.
NascentOxygen
Mar3-12, 06:51 PM
HW Helper
P: 4,715
I had seen some LM series based dc -dc converter circuits for supply voltage of 70MHz high speed amplifier with the input current rating of 8.5 mA.is this suitable for this one
I'm not sure to what that "8.5mA" applies. 70MHz amplifiers are not rated at mA of input, and it would be an extremely low-powered dc-dc converter to be limited to loads not exceeding 8.5mA. Maybe you mean that the amplifier drew just 8.5mA average current from the supply?

But as you have not indicated what you need the dc-dc converter to do, no one here will be able to advise much.
jim hardy
Mar4-12, 12:03 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 3,139
A question well stated is half answered.
The folks aren't being mean, just they're puzzled.
Perhaps English is not your first language?

How much current do you seek ?

An internet search on "charge pump" will take you to numerous "how to do it" articles and suitable devices.

A google search on "DC to DC converter" will take you to many sites wanting to sell you one.

old jim
Jobrag
Mar5-12, 12:24 PM
P: 459
What drives your original dc voltage source? My guess is that it will be some kind of mains device, so instead of going 240 VAC to + /- 5 VDC to +/- 15 VDC go 240 VAC to +/- 15 VDC.
vk6kro
Mar5-12, 08:36 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 4,003
Are you looking for a tracking split power supply design with positive and negative outputs which can be adjusted between 5 volts and 15 volts?

Like this :

http://circuits.linear.com/537

Register to reply