Register to reply

Engine and control systems vs powertrain

by jehan60188
Tags: powertrain
Share this thread:
jehan60188
Feb29-12, 09:54 PM
P: 204
I am interested in working for a person in charge of "powertrains" on cars, and I have an interview for a co-op opportunity to work with someone in charge of aviation "engine and control systems"

how much would these things overlap?
i guess both of them are a sub-discipline of mechatronics?

thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Dirty Mike
Mar5-12, 05:59 PM
P: 4
like all engines they will have lots of similarities, just look at the amount of car companies that also make aviation engines, but they also have differences: transmissions for instance. What exactly are you trying to do with both or is it a choice between them?
pantaz
Mar6-12, 06:53 PM
P: 589
Quote Quote by jehan60188 View Post
I am interested in working for a person in charge of "powertrains" on cars, and I have an interview for a co-op opportunity to work with someone in charge of aviation "engine and control systems"

how much would these things overlap?
Depends on what you consider "overlap", and what the responsibilities of each job entail. As for the technical differences, automotive and aviation are worlds apart.

Register to reply