Calculate sublimation rate from pressure rise

by flysa01
Tags: freeze drying, pressure rise test, sublimation rate
flysa01
Mar9-12, 03:47 AM
P: 2
Hi, I did a pressure rise test on a chamber, where I closed the isolation valve and measured the increase in pressure over 30 seconds.

I want to use this information to calcualte the rate of accumulation of vapour in the chamber. What I'm looking for is the sublimation rate during freeze drying, so how does this increase in pressure correlate to a sublimation rate?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
WSU innovation improves drowsy driver detection
Faster computation of electromagnetic interference on an electronic circuit board
johneolson
Aug1-12, 01:29 AM
P: 1
Before giving my suggestion I would like to know if you have solved this as I am very late to replay here? If know then I would love to answer you.

powder coat
flysa01
Aug1-12, 01:49 AM
P: 2
Hiya, I never got it worked out right, do you know how to do it?? In the end I combined a few engineering equations with some chemistry ones and hoped for the best but I knew it wasn't right!

Register to reply