Colonoscopy - which drugs are better?

by Evo
Tags: colonoscopy, drugs
Share this thread:
Evo
Mar19-12, 03:01 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Ok, had my colonoscopy this morning and had the propofol. BIG MISTAKE. I should have insisted on demerol. I woke up in pain and the pain has been increasing since, I'm assuming trapped gas, I feel like crap and have a bad headache. So now I know better.
Integral
Mar19-12, 03:44 PM
Mentor
P: 7,321
I just had one done last month. They used propofol, not sure how long I was out, woke up easy and alert. Could have driven home with no problem. The only pain involved was when the bill arrived for the tissue culture.
Evo
Mar19-12, 03:54 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Integral View Post
I just had one done last month. They used propofol, not sure how long I was out, woke up easy and alert. Could have driven home with no problem. The only pain involved was when the bill arrived for the tissue culture.
LOL!
I woke up alert too. But in pain, but then I was in pain when they put me under. With demerol I would have felt good all day. My insurance has high copays on tests as of this year, if the procedure is labeled "preventive" as in part of a routine physical and not needed, it's covered 100%, but if it's diagnostic, as in you have a reason for having it, they only cover 85%. Go figure.
turbo
Mar19-12, 05:05 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
...if the procedure is labeled "preventive" as in part of a routine physical and not needed, it's covered 100%, but if it's diagnostic, as in you have a reason for having it, they only cover 85%. Go figure.
This sounds 100% backward!
Integral
Mar19-12, 05:33 PM
Mentor
P: 7,321
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
LOL!
I woke up alert too. But in pain, but then I was in pain when they put me under. With demerol I would have felt good all day. My insurance has high copays on tests as of this year, if the procedure is labeled "preventive" as in part of a routine physical and not needed, it's covered 100%, but if it's diagnostic, as in you have a reason for having it, they only cover 85%. Go figure.
The way I read my coverage it was 100% covered. Guess I didn't see the small print, that tissue samples are not covered. So they cover everything but the reason for performing the procedure to begin with. BTW they removed 2 non cancerous polyps.
Evo
Mar19-12, 06:07 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Integral View Post
The way I read my coverage it was 100% covered. Guess I didn't see the small print, that tissue samples are not covered. So they cover everything but the reason for performing the procedure to begin with. BTW they removed 2 non cancerous polyps.
Oooh, did you see this? Ozzy Osbourne free colonoscopy sweepstakes?

http://promotions.mardenkane.com/cbs/cbscares12/

Register to reply