Register to reply

Human Behaviour Predictors?

by chaoseverlasting
Tags: behaviour, human, predictors
Share this thread:
chaoseverlasting
Mar21-12, 10:40 AM
P: 1,017
I'm looking for a field of psychology which tries to predict human behaviour or sort of characterizes human beings based on their behaviour patterns.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, but I want to be able to say what a particular group of people will tend to like or dislike or what they will tend to do or not do when presented with a stimuli.

I'm guessing fields like architecture and those from the liberal arts would use such frameworks extensively (reaction to light, color, sensory stimuli, etc.) and certainly psychology/psychiatry and I want to get acquainted with the material in some way.

Any suggestions PF?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
American Ebola doc: 'I am thrilled to be alive'
Instant noodles carry health risks for women: study
Extracorporeal support can significantly increase number of organs for transplant
Pythagorean
Mar21-12, 11:10 AM
PF Gold
P: 4,287
Human behavioral biology. I posted some lectures in the tutorial forums.
chaoseverlasting
Mar21-12, 12:29 PM
Any books that you might recommend? Or what all I should read up on? I'll be checking out your lectures in a minute.

EDIT: Err... where are the tutorials? I tried looking for them but I dont know where to look. Is there a tute section?

Pythagorean
Mar21-12, 01:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,287
Human Behaviour Predictors?

"Math and Science Learning Materials"

it's the first forum at the top of the list from the main physicsforums page
chaoseverlasting
Mar23-12, 10:27 AM
Thank you! Got lost looking for this thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry Pythagorean, but I'm not sure which thread in the tutorial section you're referring to. Can you paste the link? Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I cant seem to place it. TIA
Bignose
Apr28-12, 08:29 PM
P: 15
Behavioral economics - Daniel Kahneman is the only noble laureate whos work was primarily in psychology, he has a book that summarizes his research titled "Thinking, Fast and Slow".

Register to reply