Register to reply

Fractals Programming Tutorial

by Dr. Physics
Tags: fractals, programming, tutorial
Share this thread:
Dr. Physics
Mar29-12, 07:20 AM
P: 34
I want good tutorial on programming fractals using computer languages like C++,Java,Python,C#,Perl,Delphi,OpenGL.
I want to program various fractals using any above languages for that I need some tutorial.
Please suggest me some of the resources which are useful.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
Hobin
Mar29-12, 07:55 AM
P: 194
This might be a good place to start. I'm not sure why you ask, though. There's plenty to be found about it on the internet.
Dr. Physics
Mar30-12, 12:59 AM
Thanks Hobin, is that above program was compile in C++.
I want to post fractal calculating program on webpage with the help of Java or any other languages, how to do that.
Also fractals can be calculated by using OpenGL but my computer doesn't have good GPU.
Any other option can you suggest.

Hobin
Mar30-12, 06:14 AM
Fractals Programming Tutorial

Quote Quote by Dr. Physics View Post
I want to post fractal calculating program on webpage with the help of Java or any other languages, how to do that.
You'd have to learn to either code a Java applet or use some sort of scripting on your webpage. A Java applet is probably easiest.

Also fractals can be calculated by using OpenGL but my computer doesn't have good GPU.
Then don't use your GPU. Though this might make things a bit more complicated. Are you an experienced programmer?
Dr. Physics
Mar30-12, 08:19 AM
I am a high school student and an intermediate program.
The link which you post for fractal programming which compiler was used.
Hobin
Mar30-12, 08:32 AM
The link which you post for fractal programming which compiler was used.
I don't know, as it's not on the page. It shouldn't matter, though. I've gone through the code, and there is nothing nonstandard about it. It does not, however, give you a whole C/C++ program to just copy and run. You might want to learn a little more about the language itself before trying these examples.
Dr. Physics
Mar30-12, 09:45 AM
I copy n pasted the program code but it shows error. I am using Dev C++ 5.0
Hobin
Mar30-12, 10:17 AM
I copy n pasted the program code but it shows error. I am using Dev C++ 5.0
Yes, that's because you can't copy and paste it, because it's not a program. It doesn't provide the C/C++ barebones your compiler requires. Like I said, if you just want to copy, paste and run such an application, try to learn a little more about the language first.
Adyssa
Mar30-12, 08:08 PM
P: 188
That tutorial is the one I've been using to learn about drawing the Mandelbrot set, it's very helpful, but you must adapt the algorithm to your language of choice, and you'll need to figure out how to use whatever 2d library you are using. OpenGL is fine, I made one in C using OpenGL. The fractal rendering speed is more dependant on the algorithm you use than it is on your graphics hardware.

There are much easier programs to write while you are still learning the basics of programming.

Register to reply