PF Gold
P: 6,330
Pretty good. Thanks for posting.
D H
Apr1-12, 11:01 AM
Mentor
P: 15,167
From the article,
Entanglement. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a proton, neutron or Mormon: the act of observing cannot be separated from the outcome of the observation. By asking Mitt Romney how he feels about an issue, you unavoidably affect how he feels about it. More precisely, Mitt Romney will feel every possible way about an issue until the moment he is asked about it, at which point the many feelings decohere into the single answer most likely to please the asker.
That's not entanglement! That's just a bad mishmash of the Romney wavefunction collapse interpretation and the multiple Romneys interpretation of the Romney candidacy. Entanglement would involve showing that the Etch-a-sketch Politics of Romney (EPR) paradox leads to Romney giving the single answer most likely to please to asker before Romney knows the asker's political leanings.

ThomasT
Apr1-12, 02:38 PM
P: 1,414
Quantum theory of Mitt Romney

Quote Quote by Oerg View Post
Has anyone seen this yet? It's really funny!

Quantum theory of Mitt Romney.
Yes, thanks for that.
lugita15
Apr2-12, 01:42 AM
P: 1,583
Quote Quote by D H View Post
From the article,
Entanglement. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a proton, neutron or Mormon: the act of observing cannot be separated from the outcome of the observation. By asking Mitt Romney how he feels about an issue, you unavoidably affect how he feels about it. More precisely, Mitt Romney will feel every possible way about an issue until the moment he is asked about it, at which point the many feelings decohere into the single answer most likely to please the asker.
That's not entanglement! That's just a bad mishmash of the Romney wavefunction collapse interpretation and the multiple Romneys interpretation of the Romney candidacy. Entanglement would involve showing that the Etch-a-sketch Politics of Romney (EPR) paradox leads to Romney giving the single answer most likely to please to asker before Romney knows the asker's political leanings.
Well, the statement "the act of observing cannot be separated from the outcome of the observation" seems to be a statement about contextuality, which is a key feature of entanglement. It would be like Romney choosing his position based on what the questioner asked Newt Gingrich.
BWV
Apr2-12, 12:53 PM
P: 328
so if you measure his spin on a particular issue does it obliterate his previous spin of a different issue?

can local hidden voters account for this?
skippy1729
Apr2-12, 01:14 PM
P: 148
Quote Quote by BWV View Post
so if you measure his spin on a particular issue does it obliterates his previous spin of a different issue?

can local hidden voters account for this?
I think you are confusing hidden voters with Romney's hidden variables. Between measurements (news conferences) does his POSITION on an issue even exist or is it probabilistic only?

PS I find this whole thread depressing since I am probably going to hold my nose and vote for this turd in November.
lugita15
Apr2-12, 01:34 PM
P: 1,583
Quote Quote by skippy1729 View Post
I think you are confusing hidden voters with Romney's hidden variables.
Speaking of hidden voters, is it possible to find a Romney voter in an excited state?
skippy1729
Apr2-12, 01:41 PM
P: 148
Quote Quote by lugita15 View Post
Speaking of hidden voters, is it possible to find a Romney voter in an excited state?
Thanks, Lugita, I needed a good laugh today!
phinds
Apr2-12, 02:01 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,330
Quote Quote by lugita15 View Post
No, there is a damping effect caused by his inability to come across as an actual human, and this prevents excitation.

Register to reply