Magnetic field induction enigma?

In summary, the conversation is about magnetism and the processes that occur when a magnetic object is stuck onto a magnet. It is believed that this is due to the alignment of magnetic domains and the sum of electron spins in one direction. The conversation also touches on the dipole action and how to determine if an object is ferromagnetic or paramagnetic without measuring tools. It is mentioned that most substances around us are paramagnetic and not strongly attracted to ordinary magnets.
Cluelessness
Hello all!
I was researching about magnetism to investigate the processes which occur when a magnetic object is stuck onto a magnet. I gather that this will be due to the alignment of magnetic domains and as such, the sum of all these electron spins in one direction will cause the attraction to take place. (Am I wrong?)

Subsequently, if I was to place anything onto a magnet and it stuck, would there be a dipole action occurring in that object i.e will the object have a north and south pole?

And incidentally, how would one know if an object is ferromagnetic or paramagnetic without measuring tools etc? If the said object was extremely attracted to the magnet but is not magnetised at all (when removed from the field) is paramagnetic?

Thank you so much in advance people :D and i know it is a bit of a 'tldr' ><

Physics news on Phys.org
You've got the idea. But paramagnetic substances won't be 'extremely attracted' to the magnet. Most substances around us are paramagnetic; I'd guess cellulose is, but you don't find wood and paper strongly attracted to ordinary magnets.

What is a magnetic field induction enigma?

A magnetic field induction enigma refers to the phenomenon where a changing magnetic field induces an electric current or voltage in a conductive material. It is a fundamental concept in electromagnetism and has various applications in technology and industry.

How is magnetic field induction measured?

Magnetic field induction is measured using a device called a magnetometer. This device detects and measures the strength and direction of a magnetic field. There are various types of magnetometers, each with its own method of measuring magnetic field induction.

What factors affect magnetic field induction?

The strength and direction of a magnetic field induction are affected by the current or voltage, the distance between the magnetic field source and the conductor, and the properties of the conductor itself, such as its shape, size, and material.

What are some applications of magnetic field induction?

Magnetic field induction is used in a wide variety of applications, including generators, transformers, motors, and electronic devices such as speakers and headphones. It is also used in medical imaging techniques such as MRI and in scientific research, such as studying the Earth's magnetic field.

How is magnetic field induction related to Faraday's law?

Magnetic field induction is closely related to Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction, which states that a changing magnetic field induces an electromotive force in a conductor. This law is essential in understanding and predicting the behavior of magnetic field induction.