Register to reply

Oriented methods to curing/diagnosing diseases

Share this thread:
phylotree
Apr18-12, 01:29 AM
P: 50
Amazingly, there are still many places in my city where acupuncture and pulse feeling are still being performed to cure/diagnose patient's disease/symptoms. I have never let a "doctor" feel the pulse on my wrist, and I have no idea how its "ticks" will cough up an idea of the current bad weather I may be under.
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Three-quarters of depressed cancer patients do not receive treatment for depression, new approach could transform care
Better classification to improve treatments for breast cancer
Oral contraceptive equal to antibiotics for acne care
bobze
Apr18-12, 06:50 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 645
Quote Quote by phylotree View Post
Amazingly, there are still many places in my city where acupuncture and pulse feeling are still being performed to cure/diagnose patient's disease/symptoms. I have never let a "doctor" feel the pulse on my wrist, and I have no idea how its "ticks" will cough up an idea of the current bad weather I may be under.
What do you mean by "pulse feeling"? Are you talking about checking the radial pulse? Because this is an important vital sign to get and document. A change in pulse can be indicative of certain disease processes or non-homeostatic processes.

Acupuncture is hooey though.
phylotree
Apr18-12, 08:37 PM
P: 50
Oh thank you Bobze. Yes, it is the radial pulse I would like to ask. I pay attention to my own pulse that there is no difference at all even when I am sick or well. How can people get the data of pulse changes ?

Register to reply