plots for determining the range of higgs mas

by Imraan Pervez
Tags: higgs mass, spectral index, tan beta
Imraan Pervez
Apr26-12, 08:22 AM
P: 5
I am trying to do some plots for determining the range of higgs mass. Can somebody tell me how to plot higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β ? or 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' ?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists design quantum switches which can be activated by single photons
'Dressed' laser aimed at clouds may be key to inducing rain, lightning
Higher-order nonlinear optical processes observed using the SACLA X-ray free-electron laser
kurros
Apr26-12, 06:50 PM
P: 311
Quote Quote by Imraan Pervez View Post
I am trying to do some plots for determining the range of higgs mass. Can somebody tell me how to plot higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β ? or 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' ?
Your question is hopelessly vague. What are you talking about? You mention tan beta which makes me think you are talking about some minimal supersymmetry model, but other than that there is little hope for anyone to understand what you want and therefore help you.
Imraan Pervez
Apr29-12, 04:19 AM
Dear kurros, thanks for taking interest. The authors of the following paper
http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.0070
claim that from this model, they have plotted higgs mass 'm_h' versus tan β and 'm_h' versus spectral index 'n_s' . But I am unable to find any equations/formulas through which I can reproduce them.

Vanadium 50
Apr29-12, 06:58 AM
Mentor
P: 15,576

plots for determining the range of higgs mas

The authors explain what they are doing in their paper - see Eqn. 25.
Imraan Pervez
May20-12, 07:30 AM
thanks vanadium but the problem is that they determine the higgs mass in the following paper of theirs
arxiv.org/abs/1108.3762
but I am not able to understand how to plot the graphs in Fig 1 of this paper.
Vanadium 50
May20-12, 08:37 AM
Mentor
P: 15,576
They say they calculate it along the lines of reference 14.

The references are there for a reason - you need to follow them like a trail of breadcrumbs to get the answer.
Imraan Pervez
May20-12, 01:40 PM
absolutely right...thanks bro

Register to reply