Adobe Digital Editions: Is Anyone Using It?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Digital
In summary, the conversation is about a software app for putting ePub books on a Sony eReader. The person is having trouble understanding how to browse the library and import files. They share a method that worked for them and ask for feedback on whether it works for others.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Does anyone use this?

I don't understand it. I've got this software app so that I can put ePub books on my Sony eReader, but the app doesn't browse any library. Do I go to Chapters and download A.D.E.s there?

What's crazy is that I've done it once - I successfully put a book on my reader - I just don't understand how I did it.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Regarding importing '.epub' files into your Adobe Digital Editions library, this works for me:

1. note the location of the '.epub' file
  2. launch Adobe Digital Editions
  3. click on icon that shows list of books in the library (upper left-hand corner)
  4. find dropdown box 'LIBRARY' upper left
  5. click dropdown box arrow
  6. click on 'Add item to list' or 'Add item to library'
  7. dialog box opens; go to location of desired '.epub' file
  8. double-click on filename of desired '.epub' file
  9. last action shows filename in list of books in Adobe Digital Editions library
  10. find it in list, click arrow button to left, select 'open item'
  11. text of the epub book appears

Let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Adobe Digital Editions?

Adobe Digital Editions is a free software program that allows users to read and manage digital publications, such as eBooks and digital newspapers, on their computers and mobile devices.

2. How does Adobe Digital Editions work?

Adobe Digital Editions uses Adobe's proprietary technology to securely download and manage digital publications. It also supports various file formats, including EPUB and PDF, and has features such as bookmarking, highlighting, and note-taking.

3. Is Adobe Digital Editions free to use?

Yes, Adobe Digital Editions is free to download and use. However, some digital publications may require a fee for purchase or access.

4. Can Adobe Digital Editions be used on different devices?

Yes, Adobe Digital Editions is compatible with various devices, including computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. However, the app must be downloaded separately on each device.

5. Is Adobe Digital Editions widely used?

Yes, Adobe Digital Editions is a popular software program among readers and publishers, with millions of downloads worldwide. It is also the primary software used for managing eBooks and digital publications through Adobe's online bookstore, Adobe Digital Editions.