Patternship of power plant based on lightnig

by sivarama
Tags: please help me
Share this thread:
sivarama
Apr29-12, 11:49 PM
P: 2
hey friends i am new to this forum,

yes i want help for applying for a patent . i have an idea about harvesting the lightining,
so to conduct I need patent isn't it .
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Mapping the optimal route between two quantum states
Spin-based electronics: New material successfully tested
Verifying the future of quantum computing
Drakkith
Apr30-12, 12:05 AM
Mentor
P: 11,592
Is English your first language? If not, could you get a little help in typing out your question, as I cannot understand you very well.
K^2
Apr30-12, 12:09 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,470
I think he wants help with applying for a patent.

surajt88
Apr30-12, 01:22 AM
P: 76
Patternship of power plant based on lightnig

Guess he is looking for partnerships to conduct research on his "harvesting the lightning" theory.
sivarama
Apr30-12, 01:54 AM
P: 2
yes I wants help for applying for a paten.I want paten for conducting my experiment
Bobbywhy
Apr30-12, 03:08 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,884
sivarama, Welcome to Physics Forums!

“Nolo” is the most popular and famous company that helps people get a patent. I suggest you start by reading and studying the most important 5 steps they give for free.
“Getting a Patent on Your Own. Here's how to get a U.S. patent on your idea or invention --without a lawyer.”
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...elf-29493.html

Then, if you think you can meet the requirements above, get this book:
Book “Patents For Beginners” $18.00
http://www.nolo.com/products/nolos-p...ners-QPAT.html

If you get past my suggestions 1 and 2 and you are still interested in filing a patent application you should get this book to learn everything you must do, and how to do it.
Book “Patent It Yourself” $35.00
http://www.nolo.com/products/patent-...rself-PAT.html
mfb
Apr30-12, 09:47 AM
Mentor
P: 11,617
You should begin with the experiment first (you don't need a patent to perform experiments). If it works, it might be something which can be patented. And you will need something working to get a patent.
sophiecentaur
Apr30-12, 05:29 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,942
Quote Quote by mfb View Post
You should begin with the experiment first (you don't need a patent to perform experiments). If it works, it might be something which can be patented. And you will need something working to get a patent.
It doesn't actually need to WORK (even!). You just need to write your patent application in such a way as it satisfies the Patent Examiner that it hasn't been patented before and also satisfies a few basic requirements. I should look up this in a form that is in your own language. It will be very hard work to get it if you are not a Patent Expert.
Just enjoy your experiments and don't blow yourself up!

Register to reply