Fundamentals of physics(resnick and halliday) numericals

In summary, the individual is seeking help with developing problem solving skills for the "Fundamentals of Physics" textbook by Resnick and Halliday. They have finished reading the chapter but are struggling to solve the problems. They are asking for recommendations on other books or resources that may help.
rithusoumyaj
can anyone help me with this one... i am not able to solve most of the problems in fop by resnick and halliday,can anyone mention which books should i refer so that i develop good problem solving skills and will be able to solve tough problems.. please guys suggest something! thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried reading "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick. It's not the best book, but it does have everything you need to solve problems from "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick. :wink:

I finish d chapter.. then try to solve the problems! but most of them are tough or i don't have any idea how to attack those kinda problems... help pleasez!

I understand the importance of developing problem solving skills in the field of physics. Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick and Halliday is a great resource for learning the basic concepts and principles of physics. However, I understand that some of the numerical problems in the book may be challenging for some individuals.

To improve your problem solving skills, I would recommend practicing regularly and seeking help from a physics tutor or classmate. Additionally, there are many other resources available such as online forums, practice problems, and study guides that can aid in developing problem solving skills.

Some other recommended books for practicing numerical problems in physics include "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" by Eugene Hecht and "Problems in General Physics" by I.E. Irodov. These books have a wide range of problems with varying levels of difficulty, which can help improve your problem solving abilities.

In addition to practicing problems, it is important to have a strong understanding of the underlying concepts and principles of physics. This will help you approach problems with a clear and logical mindset.

Overall, developing problem solving skills in physics takes time and practice. Don't get discouraged if you are struggling with some of the problems in Fundamentals of Physics. Keep practicing and seeking help, and you will eventually develop the necessary skills to solve even the toughest problems. Best of luck in your studies!

1. What topics are covered in "Fundamentals of physics (resnick and halliday) numericals"?

The book covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. It also includes numerous numerical problems to help students develop problem-solving skills.

2. Is the book suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, the book is designed for students who are new to physics. It starts with basic concepts and gradually builds up to more complex topics. It also provides step-by-step solutions to numerical problems, making it easier for beginners to understand.

3. Are there any online resources available for this book?

Yes, there are many online resources available for this book, including practice problems, interactive simulations, and video lectures. These resources can be a helpful supplement to the book for further understanding and practice.

4. Does the book provide real-life applications of the concepts?

Yes, the book includes real-life examples and applications of the concepts discussed. This helps students to understand the relevance and importance of physics in our daily lives.

5. Is the book suitable for self-study?

Yes, the book is suitable for self-study. It is written in a clear and concise manner, with thorough explanations and numerous examples. However, it is recommended to also seek guidance from a teacher or tutor for better understanding and clarification of concepts.