Is high school chemistry required for computer science engineering college admission?

by electro100110
Tags: admission, chemistry, college, engineering, required, school, science
electro100110
May17-12, 07:06 AM
P: 10
hey...can anybody help me out...Im an IB student and I wanted to know whether chemistry is required for computer science engineering or not?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Lemurs match scent of a friend to sound of her voice
Repeated self-healing now possible in composite materials
'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
Borek
May17-12, 08:02 AM
Admin
P: 22,654
Please elaborate, you question is so vague it doesn't make much sense to me.
electro100110
May23-12, 01:55 PM
P: 10
It is a straight forward question whether the universities require undergraduates to do some chemistry courses(in high school[11th and 12th grade]) for computer engineering or not?

lisab
May23-12, 04:34 PM
Mentor
P: 2,912

Is high school chemistry required for computer science engineering college admission?

Quote Quote by electro100110 View Post
It is a straight forward question whether the universities require undergraduates to do some chemistry courses(in high school[11th and 12th grade]) for computer engineering or not?
Each school has its own degree requirements. You'll have to check with the institution to find out.
Mmm_Pasta
May23-12, 05:50 PM
P: 209
Most require a semester.

EDIT: Since thread title changed slightly. Most universities require a semester of college chemistry which normally requires high school chemistry.
berkeman
May23-12, 05:54 PM
Mentor
P: 39,575
(Moderator note -- I added to the thread title "Chemstry" to make it more descriptive of the thread content...)

Register to reply