Matlab help User defined function

In summary, a user defined function in Matlab is a custom function created by the user for a specific task, which can take in input arguments and return output values. To create one, the "function" keyword and input arguments are used, followed by the "end" keyword to close the function. The benefits of using user defined functions include organizing and modularizing code, code reusability, and improved efficiency. User defined functions from other sources can also be used in Matlab scripts by importing them. To troubleshoot errors in a user defined function, debugging tools such as breakpoints, step-by-step execution, and variable inspection can be used.
qiyan31
I made a user-defined function for Height.
function Ht=Height(t,V,Theta);
Ht=V*t*sin(Theta)-4.9*t.^2;
end

V is initial velocity, and i kept on getting input "V" is undefined.
Can someone help me please!

Physics news on Phys.org
Works fine for me. What is the precise command that you're using to test the function?

What is a user defined function in Matlab?

A user defined function in Matlab is a custom function that is created by the user to perform a specific task. It can take in input arguments and return output values, making it a useful tool for automating repetitive tasks or creating complex calculations.

How do I create a user defined function in Matlab?

To create a user defined function in Matlab, you can use the "function" keyword followed by the name of your function and its input arguments. Then, use the "end" keyword to close the function. You can then save this function as a separate .m file, which can be called and used in your main Matlab script.

What are the benefits of using user defined functions in Matlab?

There are several benefits of using user defined functions in Matlab. They can help to organize and modularize your code, making it easier to read and maintain. They also allow for code reusability, as the same function can be used in multiple scripts. Additionally, user defined functions can help to reduce the chances of errors and improve the efficiency of your code.

Can I use user defined functions from other sources in my Matlab script?

Yes, you can use user defined functions from other sources in your Matlab script. These functions can be imported using the "import" keyword, and then you can call them in your script just like any other user defined function.

How can I troubleshoot errors in my user defined function?

To troubleshoot errors in your user defined function, you can use the debugging tools in Matlab such as breakpoints, step-by-step execution, and variable inspection. You can also use the "disp" function to display the values of variables at different points in your code, which can help to identify the source of the error.