Luminosity Distance, Determination From Type Ia SN

by CSSlemaker
Tags: determination, distance, luminosity, type
CSSlemaker
Nov20-12, 05:15 PM
P: 12
To both clamtrox and Lino: Thank you very much. I had composed a detailed reply to both of you, but the damned site timed out (with no warning) and I lost it all! I just don't have the energy to recompose it.

Thanks again and have an enjoyable Thanksgiving (if you're in or from the U.S.)

Best regards,
Carroll Slemaker
George Jones
Nov20-12, 06:07 PM
Mentor
P: 6,040
Quote Quote by CSSlemaker View Post
I had composed a detailed reply to both of you, but the damned site timed out (with no warning) and I lost it all! I just don't have the energy to recompose it.
This is a known, unfortunate, and frustrating bug.

The easiest solution is to check the "Remember me?" box when you log in. If this is not a good option (e.g., on a public computer), there are (at least) a couple of other options.

Keep a second Physics Forums browser window open. After finishing your post, switch back to the other window, refresh the browser, and look at the top right corner to see if you're still logged in. If you are not, then log in. Switch back to the post window and send the post. You can ensure that you stay logged in by periodically switching to the non-post physicsforums window and refreshing.

Alternatively, after finishing a post, highlight the entire post and do a Ctrl-c.
Lino
Nov21-12, 03:05 AM
P: 259
Many happy returns Carroll.

Regards,

Noel.

Register to reply