Register to reply

Can death be triggred by genes

by shivakumar06
Tags: death, genes, triggred
Share this thread:
shivakumar06
Nov13-12, 03:07 PM
P: 67
is genes responsible for natural death in animals and human beings due to aging. can aging process be reversed by controlling biological clock
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
New study charts the global invasion of crop pests
Zambia lifts ban on safari hunting
A touching story: The ancient conversation between plants, fungi and bacteria
Simon Bridge
Nov13-12, 07:02 PM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 12,870
Look up senescence.
The short answer is: we don't know.
Jarfi
Nov18-12, 12:09 PM
P: 273
Quote Quote by shivakumar06 View Post
is genes responsible for natural death in animals and human beings due to aging. can aging process be reversed by controlling biological clock
Reversing the aging process means making the genes mutate to their original form, the likelyhood of that happening is sort of like the likelyhood of walking trough a wall(quantum mechanics)

Anyways, all you need to become young are genes that are good, your genes become deteriorated with time, and get all sort of flaws... once in a million time they mutate for your good(evolution) but mostly it just causes nothing to happened... or biological faliures.

Simply do this to become young:

replace all your genes by the genes you had when you were young OR

Replace all your genes by somebodies elses genes, a young person genes, the problem is you wont be you anymore.. but you could have a brothers genes or a combination of peoples genes from your own race. Oh yeah there is the allergic reaction problem, but i've heard scientists kill all your own cells first, than put new genetically different ones.. (stem cells) sometimes they put viruses inside your body that do this.

This is something that phd. professors are just now starting to do.

More 3012 than 2012 actually, and if you want to do something on those lines it costs a lot of money, trust me I checked.

Ryan_m_b
Nov18-12, 01:21 PM
Mentor
P: 5,469
Can death be triggred by genes

Quote Quote by Jarfi View Post
Anyways, all you need to become young are genes that are good, your genes become deteriorated with time, and get all sort of flaws... once in a million time they mutate for your good(evolution) but mostly it just causes nothing to happened... or biological faliures.
Evolution is a process that occurs over generations, not individual organisms.
Simply do this to become young:

replace all your genes by the genes you had when you were young
There are other factors in ageing such as cellular senescence via telomere length and tissue degradation leading to age related diseases. I highly doubt that all of ageing can be linked to accumulated DNA damage or that simply fixing said damage would cause tissue regeneration.
Monique
Nov18-12, 01:27 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Quote Quote by Ryan_m_b View Post
There are other factors in ageing such as cellular senescence via telomere length and tissue degradation leading to age related diseases. I highly doubt that all of ageing can be linked to accumulated DNA damage or that simply fixing said damage would cause tissue regeneration.
True, there are other factors such as protein damage that are also very important.
Jarfi
Nov18-12, 06:33 PM
P: 273
Quote Quote by Ryan_m_b View Post
Evolution is a process that occurs over generations, not individual organisms.

Um okay, I'm pretty sure protein damage... AND tissue damage can all be linked to dna deterioration, the faulty dna makes for faulty tissue. And yes I know about the telemores, they are actually a defensive system that kills cells that have devided often(less* likely to be less genetically whole). And there actually is a hormone or protein that scientists have tested on mice that makes telomeres rebuild, so just combined with previously named method. Or create a fetus clone, whitch will have whole telomores(the stem cells of the clone).

Yes that's true, evolution happens slowly, but I'm pretty sure the way genetic changes that makes species get wings for example happen with many genetical mutations over time.
enosis_
Nov19-12, 12:15 AM
P: 120
Were the responses sufficient to address your original question?
shivakumar06
Nov20-12, 01:37 PM
what causes grey hair, stoppage of growth in height and old age disease like blood pressure, etc.can man live for more than 120 year?
Simon Bridge
Nov20-12, 05:06 PM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
Quote Quote by enosis_
Were the responses sufficient to address your original question?
Quote Quote by shuvakumar06
what causes grey hair, stoppage of growth in height and old age disease like blood pressure, etc.can man live for more than 120 year?
That would be a "no" then?
All those questions are easily answered with a quick google: eg. that last one: - yes, it is possible.

Verified oldest person was 122 years, 164 days, when she died.

So I have a feeling you are avoiding asking the question that really interests you.
shivakumar06
Nov20-12, 07:36 PM
the question that is in my mind is that is it in theory at least possible to make a blue print for immortality
Evo
Nov20-12, 08:41 PM
Mentor
P: 26,541
the question that is in my mind is that is it in theory at least possible to make a blue print for immortality
Not right now.
Simon Bridge
Nov21-12, 01:49 AM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
Not right now - still doing the feasability studies.
Ryan_m_b
Nov21-12, 02:08 AM
Mentor
Um okay, I'm pretty sure protein damage... AND tissue damage can all be linked to dna deterioration, the faulty dna makes for faulty tissue.
Not always, much of the time the degradation is accumulated by the tissues and not healed. Think scars for instance, there's nothing wrong with the DNA but the tissue hasn't healed properly. Just fixing the DNA would not be enough.
Ryan_m_b
Nov21-12, 02:08 AM
Mentor
We don't even have a good enough understanding of ageing to take a stab at that.

Register to reply