3D Transport and Adsorption model on Comsol

by El Pachon
Tags: adsorption, comsol, simulation, transport
Share this thread:
El Pachon
Nov21-12, 07:25 AM
P: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to design a simple model by using Comsol Multiphysics. I set an inlet concentration of a species "cp" that will be adsorbed to a circular surface located at the center of the microfluidic cell (I named the concentration of adsorbed protein "cpl" ). I used laminar flow, transport of diluted species and surface reaction nodes.

When I run the simulation with the Surface Reaction node and the Flux section of the Transport of Diluted Species disabled, I get logical values for cp. When I run the simulation with all the sections enabled, the concentrations of cp at the 5 probes I created no longer make much sense and I get a decrease of the cp concentration on the left probe ( red line in Proble Plot 3) at, approximately, 35 seconds of simulation. This will obviously affect my cpl concentration (Probe Plot 8).

I've tried different meshes and different solvers and I have no idea why this is happening, have been stuck with this problem for two months now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: It wont let me attach the file so I posted the link to where it is, if that's not ok I'll delete it. http://www.comsol.com/community/foru.../thread/33120/

Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
niklas.r
Nov28-12, 02:09 AM
Hi, as a first step, check your implementation against this reference model:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10428/
Niklas
El Pachon
Nov28-12, 05:00 AM
Hi Niklas,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I've done that already, I've also compared my model with another one called transport and adsorption, which is a similar model in 2D but I've had no success.

Would you have any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Register to reply