3D Transport and Adsorption model on Comsol

by El Pachon
Tags: adsorption, comsol, simulation, transport
Share this thread:
El Pachon
Nov21-12, 07:25 AM
P: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to design a simple model by using Comsol Multiphysics. I set an inlet concentration of a species "cp" that will be adsorbed to a circular surface located at the center of the microfluidic cell (I named the concentration of adsorbed protein "cpl" ). I used laminar flow, transport of diluted species and surface reaction nodes.

When I run the simulation with the Surface Reaction node and the Flux section of the Transport of Diluted Species disabled, I get logical values for cp. When I run the simulation with all the sections enabled, the concentrations of cp at the 5 probes I created no longer make much sense and I get a decrease of the cp concentration on the left probe ( red line in Proble Plot 3) at, approximately, 35 seconds of simulation. This will obviously affect my cpl concentration (Probe Plot 8).

I've tried different meshes and different solvers and I have no idea why this is happening, have been stuck with this problem for two months now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: It wont let me attach the file so I posted the link to where it is, if that's not ok I'll delete it. http://www.comsol.com/community/foru.../thread/33120/

Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
niklas.r
Nov28-12, 02:09 AM
Hi, as a first step, check your implementation against this reference model:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/10428/
Niklas
El Pachon
Nov28-12, 05:00 AM
Hi Niklas,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I've done that already, I've also compared my model with another one called transport and adsorption, which is a similar model in 2D but I've had no success.

Would you have any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Register to reply