by Ivan Seeking
Tags: earth
Share this thread:
Drakkith
Nov23-12, 12:46 AM
Mentor
P: 11,482
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
That's really sad. You would think that if the end is here for everyone, everyone would try to make the end the best for all.

But that's just me hoping that humans won't act like humans.
Well, its more like the breakdown of the economy. Why go to work when you won't even live for another month? Very soon supplies are gone and you are starving. What then?
Evo
Nov23-12, 01:01 AM
Mentor
P: 26,415
Quote Quote by Drakkith View Post
Well, its more like the breakdown of the economy. Why go to work when you won't even live for another month? Very soon supplies are gone and you are starving. What then?
I have enough food in my pantry and freezer/fridge to last more than a month without shopping.

I would raid the gourmet shops for the best items though. I mean, come on, it's the end of the world, what are you saving it for?

Oh and the liquor stores, time to get drunk, eh?
Drakkith
Nov23-12, 01:15 AM
Mentor
P: 11,482
I have enough food in my pantry and freezer/fridge to last more than a month without shopping.

I would raid the gourmet shops for the best items though. I mean, come on, it's the end of the world, what are you saving it for?

Ah, but the catch is that so would everyone else.
nazarbaz
Nov23-12, 01:30 AM
P: 44
I would do what every sensible man should do : try to survive... I don't know : try to bribe god, call Batman for help, even a voodoo ceremony... Yeah, a voodoo ceremony...
Ivan Seeking
Nov23-12, 01:07 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Things would be a mess... I'd probably do something pretty crazy at the last minute, like try to steal a fighter jet and take it for a joy ride. I would probably be looking for all of those big thrills that might be too risky in normal circumstances... and a few would probably be X rated!
Ivan Seeking
Nov23-12, 01:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Astronuc
Nov23-12, 01:40 PM
Admin
P: 21,806

End of the World Party at Evo's. BYOAFLB.
rootX
Nov23-12, 09:19 PM
P: 1,294
That bottle whiskey I always wanted to have but never got courage to spend that much money in the liquor store
Ivan Seeking
Nov24-12, 09:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I would definitely cut off all of the tags on my pillows that say DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG.

The toilet seat would always be left in the "up" position.

I would eat bacon and pizza as much as possible and then have Half&Half with 3 Musketeers Bars for desert.
Containment
Nov24-12, 09:19 PM
P: 18
I probably wouldn't change a thing isn't it sad?
Ivan Seeking
Nov24-12, 09:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Containment View Post
I probably wouldn't change a thing isn't it sad?
You would get up to an alarm clock every day and go to work or school? I seriously doubt that.
Containment
Nov24-12, 11:58 PM
No actually I just live every day like it's my last because more then likely it will be :)
OmCheeto
Nov25-12, 12:50 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
No actually I just live every day like it's my last because more then likely it will be :)
Sounds a bit like me. I was having so much fun in my 20's, that I never expected to make 30.
Then when I made thirty, I joked about having lived a whole lifetime in the course of ten years.
This made people around me nervous, as I suppose I sounded a bit suicidal. "If I should die tomorrow, do not weep, for I've lived more than 100 people do in 100 years."
Then I hit 40, and then I hit 50.

hmmmm.....

I think I would do like Evo: Buy a few bottles of fine Scotch, some very good cheese, sit on my front porch, and watch people panic.

People are very fun to watch.

hmmm....

But then again, Don does have a very good point.

Are we having an end of the world chat?
Containment
Nov25-12, 01:42 AM
I would actually probably move back to the state I was born for that last month Minnesota winters are my fav :)
mathsciguy
Nov25-12, 10:49 AM
P: 132
I'd try starting a new religion on the spot. If there would be people who'd survive, I might just become the new prophet haha.
julcab12
Nov25-12, 11:10 AM
P: 148
I dunno. Talking bout total life extinction. No escape?

I would get so high with LSD and 5-MeO-DMT during the last minutes and hope the dream will last.

.... Or just sit with my family on our fav couch. ^_^
Abstr7ct
Nov25-12, 12:07 PM
P: 17
And when you sit down and think deeply of how you, as a human being, is exposed to death any time and at any place, it feels painful. It's really scary every time I think about it. What then? is there really anything waits for us after death or it's just that, an eternal sleep in a very dark place.

I die and don't know what the world will be like 50 years later! what's the purpose of life? what's going to happen to earth and to people? will humans go extinct? are life and the universe just a cyclic process (cyclic model)? if it's a cyclic universe, would I have another chance living on the new earth with a new consciousness? it all comes down to thinking, why is there something rather than nothing?
Evo
Nov25-12, 12:12 PM
Mentor
P: 26,415
Quote Quote by Abstr7ct View Post
And when you sit down and think deeply of how you, as a human being, is exposed to death any time and at any place, it feels painful. It's really scary every time I think about it. What then? is there really anything waits for us after death or it's just that, an eternal sleep in a very dark place.

I die and don't know what the world will be like 50 years later! what's the purpose of life? what's going to happen to earth and to people? will humans go extinct? are life and the universe just a cyclic process (cyclic model)? if it's a cyclic universe, would I have another chance living on the new earth with a new consciousness? it all comes down to thinking, why is there something rather than nothing?
It doesn't matter because you will no longer exist to think about it.

Register to reply