Register to reply

Your last month on earth

by Ivan Seeking
Tags: earth
Share this thread:
Whovian
Nov26-12, 02:11 PM
P: 642
I'd hack into the television network, and start broadcasting the word "exterminate" into space with all the satellites' power. Hopefully then the aliens coming to destroy Earth will think we've already been invaded by Daleks, and be too scared to attack.
nobahar
Nov26-12, 04:58 PM
P: 503
I would acquire as many puppies as possible, fill my flat with them, and play amongst them until the end.
Ibix
Nov26-12, 05:08 PM
P: 378
Quote Quote by nobahar View Post
I would acquire as many puppies as possible, fill my flat with them, and play amongst them until the end.
Strangely philosophical - I like it.
Evo
Nov26-12, 06:04 PM
Mentor
P: 26,482
Quote Quote by nobahar View Post
Oooooh, yes, and kittens, and all of my favorite foods.
Lisa!
Nov27-12, 10:40 AM
PF Gold
P: 973
I'm thinking about people who can't spend their time with their beloved 1s, so I guess first of all I'd want to help these people...
Danger
Nov27-12, 11:13 AM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
Quote Quote by Abstr7ct View Post
And when you sit down and think deeply of how you, as a human being, is exposed to death any time and at any place, it feels painful. It's really scary every time I think about it. What then? is there really anything waits for us after death or it's just that, an eternal sleep in a very dark place.
It isn't scary. Being a die-hard Atheist, I know that there is nothing after life. While I'm not afraid of death, I don't like to envision a Universe that doesn't include me.
I would do nothing differently than I do now. Four years ago, my doctor gave me 6 months to live. I told him to "something" off, because that was unacceptable. A year and a half ago, he proved me wrong. I did not at all like my brief period of being dead, however, and so put it aside. Things were acceptable until a month ago, when I once again had to depart my home via ambulance. I got back home a couple of days ago, but now am on oxygen full-time. That's okay, because I quite smoking back when I died from it. Not much chance of exploding, since I don't use ignition sources any more.
When it comes to death: been there, done that, didn't like it, got over it, don't intend to repeat the experience.
dlgoff
Nov27-12, 08:48 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,704
Quote Quote by Lisa! View Post
I'm thinking about people who can't spend their time with their beloved 1s, so I guess first of all I'd want to help these people...
Nice Lisa

Mentalist
Nov27-12, 10:47 PM
P: 32
I will die on my own terms.
Drakkith
Nov28-12, 03:55 AM
Mentor
P: 11,600
Quote Quote by Danger View Post
It isn't scary. Being a die-hard Atheist, I know that there is nothing after life. While I'm not afraid of death, I don't like to envision a Universe that doesn't include me.
I'm still young and perhaps naive, but I think of death as the greatest mystery. I don't know if there's an afterlife, but I hope they have telescopes there if there is. But I take pride in the fact that everything I've done in life, even the simple act of breathing, has influenced the future of the universe forever. Even if it is only a tiny influence.
Stromthetroll
Nov30-12, 09:20 PM
P: 4
Something that hasnt been said Read faster
Ivan Seeking
Dec1-12, 05:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
Quote Quote by mathsciguy View Post
I'd try starting a new religion on the spot. If there would be people who'd survive, I might just become the new prophet haha.
Praise be to the Prophet Haha!
Astronuc
Dec1-12, 05:47 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Ah, ha, Haha!
lisab
Dec1-12, 07:08 PM
Mentor
P: 2,978
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
...and more praise for the profit !
mathsciguy
Dec2-12, 04:55 AM
P: 132
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
...and more praise for the profit !
Hush, my disciple.
iSaad
Dec2-12, 06:31 AM
P: 2
Spend time with my family, and my beloved ones, welll ammmmm that's it, xD
Ivan Seeking
Dec2-12, 08:32 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,498
Quote Quote by mathsciguy View Post
Hush, my disciple.
There is already a hymn for the new prophet
http://www.physicsforums.com/showpos...postcount=2600
Jimmy Snyder
Dec2-12, 08:36 AM
P: 2,179
Hopefully this has nothing to do with Lord Haw-Haw.
Borg
Dec5-12, 07:04 AM
PF Gold
P: 759
Relax, there's nothing to worry about.

Register to reply