Reading material re space/time

by goldsax
Tags: material, reading, space or time
Share this thread:
goldsax
Nov27-12, 06:49 AM
P: 51
as title..
are there any books with recent info re. current thinking about space/time..origin, structure etc...

cheers
Phys.Org News Partner Space news on Phys.org
Space sex geckos at risk as Russia loses control of satellite
New mass map of a distant galaxy cluster is the most precise yet
Highest-precision measurement of water in planet outside the solar system
skydivephil
Nov27-12, 07:30 AM
P: 450
I think it owuld be helpful if you were more specifc as to what you wanted, the origin and strucutre of the cosmos is the realm of comsology, so are you looking for an introductory text on cosmology , if so what level? a layman paperback, a introductory text book or adavance text book?
goldsax
Nov27-12, 07:43 AM
i am a 3rd year uni astronomy..
sorry about the vagueness..
i am interested in books that are exploring/introducing ideas re origin of space/time..
esp ideas that try and explain weather space time is emergent.

cheers

skydivephil
Nov27-12, 07:49 AM
Reading material re space/time

This book has promised for years but as the field keeps changing the release date is forever pushed back, right now they are saying Feb next year but wouldnt bet on it:

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Big-Ban.../dp/3540714227

but what you might do in the mean time is look at the contributors and read their stuff
goldsax
Nov27-12, 07:57 AM
thanks for the info..
its the same problem i am finding re get all info...the field is moving so quickly and floridly that within months there is further contribution..
cheers.
skydivephil
Nov27-12, 08:02 AM
Try these authors:
MArtin Bojowald, Alan Guth, Sean Caroll, Lee Smolin, Neil Turok, Alex Vilenkin, Loenard Susskind, Richard Gott, Roger Penrose.
they all have some interesting and often conflicting ideas about these origins questions.

Register to reply