Might be a dumb thought

by oldspice1212
Tags: dumb
oldspice1212
Dec4-12, 12:23 PM
P: 97
So earlier I was just watching tv and I don't know what happened but I started thinking about the Universe and its greatness out of pure randomness. I know there are billions of stars and planets in a single galaxy maybe even trillions of them, and then there are estimated 125+ billion galaxies, but my question is what is letting these galaxies and celestial object exist, I know you might say gravity holds them together but what really is gravity, does anyone know? Then here you might say it's a force but what really is a "force". What is the space around us, is that where dark energy comes in, is that what is holding everything together? The big bang I really don't understand how it occurred, matter and antimatter colliding and matter winning? Where did these matter and antimatter particles come from, I have so many questions, I can go on forever, and I love it, the more I see/read these things I just want to ask even more questions. So what do you guys think is "holding the universe together". I do believe hearing that dark energy is what is pulling the universe apart, so I was thinking is it just a "force", gas? Some stuff I thought of sounds pretty ridiculous but you never know, anything can happen, maybe another universe pulling against ours "their" gravity is pulling our universe apart, that would get into the multiverse theory, another thing could there be more then a single universe, we used to think our solar system was alone, then the galaxy was the universe, but now we know that there are billions of galaxies so could there be billions of universes? Maybe something else other then the universe and on and on. What do you guys think?

Sorry if you think reading this was a waste of time, and please do correct me if I'm wrong. Just some thoughts, have many more but I don't want to bore you lol.
Phys.Org News Partner Space news on Phys.org
Unique pair of supermassive black holes in an ordinary galaxy discovered
How far are the planets from the Sun?
Previewing the bizzare April 29th solar eclipse
Drakkith
Dec4-12, 05:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 11,056
Idle speculation really doesn't get anyone anywhere. We can only build off what we can observe, measure, etc. I'm sure future theories will be more surprising than anything we can think of now.
cristo
Dec4-12, 05:48 PM
Mentor
P: 8,287
It might be best to start with the FAQ subforum, and have a read of some standard references on big bang cosmology. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them, but this sort of open-ended 'thinking aloud' thread starter doesn't obey the forums rules.

Register to reply