Mathematical treatment of signals and systems

by walk_w/o_aim
Tags: analysis, books, signals, systems
Share this thread:
walk_w/o_aim
Nov13-12, 02:36 AM
P: 27
Hi there,

I am looking for books that treat signals and systems from a mathematical perspective. When I say "signals and systems", I am referring to the typical second/third year material taught in EE programs: system characteristics (causality, memory, stability), LTI systems, linearization, feedback, state-space models, continuous- and discrete-time signals, Laplace and Fourier transforms, Z- and discrete-time Fourier transforms, spectral densities, sampling and so on. The books I am in search of should ideally treat the aforementioned subjects from a linear algebra/functional analysis point-of-view.

Browsing through Amazon, book reviews and countless course webpages has turned up the following:
  • Signal Analysis (Allen and Mills) - looks at signals in vector spaces and even discusses some wavelets, but doesn't cover systems/basic controls
  • Modern Signals and Systems (Kwakernaak and Sivan) - reviews tell me that this is what I need, but I haven't been able to get hold of a preview or a library copy
  • Signal Theory (Franks) - once again, only looks at signals, and I can't come across a preview/copy

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any comments on the books I listed above are also appreciated.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
walk_w/o_aim
Dec5-12, 12:55 AM
P: 27
Bump?

Register to reply