Is this a proof that traveling back in time is impossible?

by Synchronised
Tags: impossible, proof, time, traveling
Synchronised
Dec5-12, 08:25 AM
P: 47
Is the fact that no one has ever traveled back in time from the future a proof that traveling back in time is impossible? But if a person can travel back in time doesn't that mean relative to the people in the past the future would seem like it has already happened?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
phinds
Dec5-12, 08:36 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,675
Quote Quote by Synchronised View Post
Is the fact that no one has ever traveled back in time from the future a proof that traveling back in time is impossible?
Please provide proof for the statement that no one has ever traveled back in time.

But if a person can travel back in time doesn't that mean relative to the people in the past the future would seem like it has already happened?
That one is too convoluted for me.

I firmly believe that it is impossible to travel backwards in time, but I do not base that on empirical evidence and I am quite sure that neither do you, despite your statement to the contrary.
micromass
Dec5-12, 08:54 AM
Mentor
P: 16,542
This forum is about science-fiction and fantasy. That is: discussions of a reality in an alternate world. Not speculation about this world.

Locked.

Register to reply