Register to reply

Stars of Constellations exist in what Spiral Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy?

by Philosophaie
Tags: constellations, exist, galaxy, milky, spiral, stars
Share this thread:
Drakkith
Dec6-12, 05:43 PM
Mentor
P: 12,003
Quote Quote by age123 View Post
The event I witnessed was very different to a star shinning really brightly. It envolved two stars, that were position very close together. One in particular was flickering dull then bright on and off for about 10 seconds. Then the other one appeared to shoot at the other one, about 4-5 times. Then the star that did all the shooting exploded along the trajectory of the particles that it fired off and engulfed the entire star. It's quite difficult to explain. What do you think it was? I looked up a type m supernova, and the way it is described sounds very similar to what I witnessed.
1. A supernova is nothing like you described.
2. There haven't been any bright supernova since 1987.
3. The extreme distance to stellar objects and the limited resolution of the eye makes it impossible to see any details anyways.
jedishrfu
Dec6-12, 06:12 PM
P: 3,096
Quote Quote by age123 View Post
The event I witnessed was very different to a star shinning really brightly. It envolved two stars, that were position very close together. One in particular was flickering dull then bright on and off for about 10 seconds. Then the other one appeared to shoot at the other one, about 4-5 times. Then the star that did all the shooting exploded along the trajectory of the particles that it fired off and engulfed the entire star. It's quite difficult to explain. What do you think it was? I looked up a type m supernova, and the way it is described sounds very similar to what I witnessed.
How far apart were the two stars that you saw in degrees? or in fingers width?

Register to reply