by helpcometk
Tags: >e, scattering
Share this thread:
helpcometk
Dec10-12, 12:38 AM
P: 75
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
I have come across the following scattering : e-e- ---->e+e+

Does anyone know the name of this scattering ?
Do you know of any book describing simililar lepton scatterings?

Thank you

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
andrien
Dec10-12, 03:41 AM
P: 1,020
can you see charge conservation here?
helpcometk
Dec10-12, 05:04 AM
No charge conservation
Do you think this might be a typo?
I will completely honest with you ,

this is a question from a homework :(look the attachement)

if there is a typo then should the process e-e+ --- > e-e+ be considered an exotic scattering?
Attached Thumbnails
X.PNG  

andrien
Dec10-12, 06:00 AM
Ee ->e+e+ scattering

oh no,from which book you have gotten that?
e-e+ --- > e-e+,this specially is related to bhabha scattering.this does hold.By the way,what is exotic here?
helpcometk
Dec10-12, 06:22 AM
Quote Quote by andrien View Post
can you see charge conservation here?
From my minimal knowledge on Feynaman rules i know that a feynman diagram has to conserve charge along a vertex.

If it is the e-e+ --- > e-e+ process shouldn't the question also clarify if it is spinless or not andrien ?
andrien
Dec10-12, 06:26 AM
what do you mean by spinless.electron and positron can have it's spin along a certain chosen z axis in the same direction which is in fact a requirement of bhabha scattering!
helpcometk
Dec10-12, 06:35 AM
well, i have just entered the field of particle physics ,and i don't know many things.

Thanks for the replies
andrien
Dec10-12, 06:41 AM
what was the name of book
helpcometk
Dec10-12, 06:51 AM
The image i uploaded as i said , was taken from a homework assighnement.I don't know where he found it ,maybe a book came from an alternative universe through a wormhole,where the charge conservation law doesn't hold ,and so my teacher thought it was from our own universe.
andrien
Dec10-12, 06:54 AM
Quote Quote by helpcometk View Post
The image i uploaded as i said , was taken from a homework assighnement.I don't know where he found it ,maybe a book came from an alternative universe through a wormhole,where the charge conservation law doesn't hold ,and so my teacher thought it was from our own universe.

Register to reply