Register to reply

Need help in Fortran

by MPKU
Tags: fortran
Share this thread:
MPKU
Dec24-12, 10:04 PM
P: 50
I've recently stated using Fortran (I downloaded 'Silverfrost') and am hitting a block. I've learned the basics, but I can't find any more tutorials.

My professor (who I plan on doing research for) suggests that I get familiar with Fortran, especially integration of functions. I do not have the strongest comp-sci background, so if anyone knows of any websites, tutorials, or any type of guide out there for Fortran, I would appreciate some help; or even personal advice!

Obviously, being on the internet I've searched for one, but I haven't came back with much luck.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
jedishrfu
Dec24-12, 10:29 PM
P: 2,990
you might try looking at the Open Source Physics website www.compadre.org/osp where they use java to do comp simulations of physics. There are sample simulations that integrate the equations of motion for pendulums and springs... that can give you an idea on how its done.
NemoReally
Dec25-12, 03:03 AM
P: 194
Numerical Recipes - FORTRAN version

http://apps.nrbook.com/fortran/index.html

heliosplane
Dec27-12, 03:34 PM
P: 5
Need help in Fortran

Hi MPKU.
I got the same condition. I have been doing searching for fortran tutorials for weeks n now im using this book, http://www.amazon.com/Fortran-95-200...+%26+engineers.

I think it's quite good for not so advanced comp-sci background like us, im aerospace major btw.
MPKU
Jan13-13, 08:57 PM
P: 50
Did you need to order the book, or did you download it online?

Register to reply