Register to reply

Best books of calculus based physics

by nebbione
Tags: based, books, calculus, physics
Share this thread:
nebbione
Jan14-13, 06:49 PM
P: 133
Hi everyone, I just bought Physics for Scientists and Engineers 8th ed by serway and jewett, is it a good textbook for calculus based physics since i'm a student of physics at university ?
Which is the best calculus based physics textbook ?
I'm a student who wants to master even the proofs and understand the meaning of each integral etc... please give me some advice!

Thank You
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
WannabeNewton
Jan14-13, 08:29 PM
C. Spirit
Sci Advisor
Thanks
P: 5,428
An Introduction to Mechanics - Kleppner and Kolenkow is a brilliant intro book and supplementing it with Morin's Mechanics book will take you places =D. I haven't heard of the one you mentioned but if it's intro physics for engineers I would place my bets that it is not rigorous and just contains rote calculations.
Jorriss
Jan14-13, 09:16 PM
P: 1,042
Quote Quote by WannabeNewton View Post
An Introduction to Mechanics - Kleppner and Kolenkow is a brilliant intro book and supplementing it with Morin's Mechanics book will take you places =D. I haven't heard of the one you mentioned but if it's intro physics for engineers I would place my bets that it is not rigorous and just contains rote calculations.
Kleppner is a fantastic text.

I did not discover it until after I finished upper division mechanics and it was still a great text.

nebbione
Jan15-13, 06:00 AM
P: 133
Best books of calculus based physics

Thank you very much, anyway this is the book i was talking about, that i just bought, http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Scient.../dp/1439048452 can you give me a comment?
n10Newton
Jan15-13, 06:26 AM
P: 108
Physics For Scientist and Engineers by Serway-Jewet is an Intro book of Physics at level of University Physics by Sears and Zemanasky having very low amount of Exercise questions, One of the same titled book is by Ginacoli having low theory more exercises.
Anyway if you want to go beyond that book then Kleppnar Mechanics + Griffiths Electrodynamics and Krane Modern Phyusics is a great combination.
Woopydalan
Jan15-13, 01:05 PM
P: 746
ok the OP needs to understand that Kleppner is a more advanced book than Serway, Serway is what I use and it is for a non-honors intro physics sequence and it gets the job done.

Register to reply