Register to reply

Estimating a Wiener filter manually in Matlab

Share this thread:
Bloo_Mec
Jan15-13, 02:25 PM
P: 11
Hi all!

Problem:
I am currently trying to calculate a Wiener filter for a stochastic system. The model is an ARX with determined parameters.

Where I am:
I have access to the transfer functions of the ARX model.
I need to calculate the optimal causal filter:
H(s)=1/Fi(s)*[Sx(s)/Fi(-s)]L

I know that:
Fi(s)Fi(-s)=Sx(s)+Sn(s)
where Sx(s) is the power spectral density of the output signal and Sn(s) is the power spectral density of the aditive noise. To find Sx and Sn I found the square root of the absolute value of the transfer functions of the model and the noise filter respectively, in the jω domain.

I have the whitening filter (1/Fi(s)), I determined Fi(s) by taking out all poles and zeros on the right plane of Fi(s)Fi(-s).

Question:
Is the bode diagram of the whitening filter supposed to be the symetric, relative to magnitude, of the bode diagram of the noise filter of the model?

Now I have to determine:
[Sx(s)/Fi(-s)]L
I have Sx(s) and Fi(-s), but my question is how do I determine the transfer function of the non-causal part only? I know I could use partial fraction expansion by hand but my Sx(s) and Sn(s) have 12th order polynomials so I will certainly not go that way.

Please help.
Thank you.

Gonšalo
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100

Register to reply