Register to reply

Many question about water(condensation evaporation)

by kevin_tee
Tags: evaporation, watercondensation
Share this thread:
kevin_tee
Jan21-13, 06:10 AM
P: 56
Why water condense when high pressure was applied and reduce to lower pressure?(I observe this when I play with water rocket, when I pump air inside there are no vapor, but after I shoot it, there is vapor coming out.)
Does water condense at 100%< humidity?
Does water vapor condense easier when it is heated? (When I boil water, it seems to condense easier)
Are there water vapor semipermeable membrane? (let air pass through, but water vapor can't.)
How many possible ways to condense water?(cooling etc)

Thanks to every comments
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Seeing is bead-lieving: Scientists create model 'bead-spring' chains with tunable properties
New molecule puts scientists a step closer to understanding hydrogen storage
Borek
Jan21-13, 08:09 AM
Admin
P: 23,381
Some of the processes you observed are easy to explain by temperature changes.
kevin_tee
Jan21-13, 08:42 AM
So does water vapor condense when it was pressurize and then depressurize?

Borek
Jan21-13, 09:00 AM
Admin
Many question about water(condensation evaporation)

Because of temperature changes. When you compress the air, it heats up ans starts to cool. When it expands it cools down, but as it lost some of the heat to the surroundings, it now cools down to the temperature that is lower than the initial one - and water vapor becomes saturated. Quite possible in the meantime the air - which, if I understand correctly the situation, was all the time in the contact with water - became saturated to a higher degree, which means condensation even easier.
kevin_tee
Jan22-13, 06:24 AM
Thanks for your reply, but I didn't understand "Quite possible in the meantime the air - which, if I understand correctly the situation, was all the time in the contact with water - became saturated to a higher degree, which means condensation even easier." what does that mean? Thanks again.
Borek
Jan22-13, 08:00 AM
Admin
In a closed vessel air that is above water sooner or later becomes saturated. Even if you don't wait long enough to have the air saturated (relative humidity 100%), it still becomes closer to saturation than the air you started with.
kevin_tee
Jan22-13, 08:20 AM
Thank you so much

Register to reply