Realistic space flight simulator iOS

In summary, a realistic space flight simulator is a mobile application available for iOS devices that offers users the experience of piloting a spacecraft in space. This simulator provides a realistic and immersive environment, allowing players to control various aspects of the spacecraft and navigate through different scenarios and missions. With stunning graphics and accurate physics, this iOS app offers a unique and engaging experience for those interested in space exploration and flight simulation.
devGirl
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a space flight simulator to play around with that simulates real physic, or at least as much as possible...and I came across http://www.space-simulator.com the other day.

They say the physics and the orbital mechanics is 'real', but I'm no expert so how can I tell if it really is based on real physics or if it's just clever editing? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Looks a bit like the orbiter.

Concerning orbital mechanics: The real physics (well, Newtonian mechanics) is the easiest way to implement that, so I would assume a realistic physics there.
Atmospheric drag and similar issues are more problematic, you have to use some approximations there to keep calculations simple.
A clever model will be so close to reality that you cannot see the difference unless you get access to the source code.

Ideas how to check orbital mechanics:
- Fly in an orbit around sun far away from planets, compare orbital period, velocity and so on to real orbits (test of two-body mechanics and the used numerical methods in general)
- Fly to a lagrangian point, see if it works like the real points (test of influences of 2 objects at the same time)

What is a realistic space flight simulator?

A realistic space flight simulator is a virtual simulation of space flight that aims to replicate the physics and mechanics of actual space travel. It allows users to experience the challenges and complexities of navigating and operating a spacecraft in space.

What features should I look for in a realistic space flight simulator for iOS?

Some features to look for in a realistic space flight simulator for iOS include accurate physics and realistic graphics, a variety of spacecraft and missions to choose from, customizable controls, and the ability to simulate different environments and scenarios.

How can a realistic space flight simulator benefit me as a scientist?

A realistic space flight simulator can benefit scientists by providing a platform for testing and validating theories and conducting experiments in a simulated space environment. It can also aid in understanding the challenges and limitations of space travel and help in the development of new technologies and strategies for space exploration.

Are there any educational aspects to a realistic space flight simulator?

Yes, many realistic space flight simulators have educational components such as tutorials, informational resources, and missions that require problem-solving and critical thinking skills. They can be a useful tool for learning about space and inspiring curiosity and interest in scientific fields.

Is a realistic space flight simulator suitable for all ages?

While some space flight simulators may be more complex and geared towards older audiences, there are also options available that are suitable for all ages. It is important to research and read reviews to find a simulator that is appropriate and enjoyable for the intended age group.