Non-abelian Local Gauge Invariance in Field Theories

by samalkhaiat
Tags: field, gauge, invariance, local, nonabelian, theories
samalkhaiat
Jan22-13, 07:12 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 815
These are notes I made when I was studying the subject 20 years ago. They seem fine considering that I was student then. I believe they can be useful for those who are studying Yang-Mills and other related material.

Sam
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gauge Invariance.pdf (394.8 KB, 142 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
LastOneStanding
Jan23-13, 02:42 AM
P: 718
Thanks, Sam!
andrien
Jan23-13, 08:18 AM
P: 975
nice,but looks some tough as it starts with non abelian lie group directly!

samalkhaiat
Jan23-13, 12:07 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 815

Non-abelian Local Gauge Invariance in Field Theories

Quote Quote by samalkhaiat View Post
These are notes I made when I was studying the subject 20 years ago. They seem fine considering that I was student then. I believe they can be useful for those who are studying Yang-Mills and other related material.

Sam
Some corrections:
The notes were originally made using Math-Type, then converted to LaTex. This caused some problems with the references to equations numbers. I corrected most of them but missed the followings:

1) on page 7, the sentence before Eq(3.20) should say "using [itex]Eq(3.1)[/itex] and [itex]Eq(3.19)[/itex]"
2) on page 9 the sentence after Eq(3.35) should read "Adding [itex]Eq(3.34)[/itex] to [itex]Eq(3.35)[/itex]".
3) on page 10 again you see a reference to [itex]Eq(10)[/itex], this should changed to [itex]Eq(3.1)[/itex].
4) on page 11 reference to [itex]Eq(59)[/itex] is made. The correct equation number is [itex]Eq(4.13)[/itex].
I think that is all. Please do tell me if you find some more of these.

Sam
iisndt
Mar20-13, 05:16 AM
P: 1
Quote Quote by andrien View Post
nice,but looks some tough as it starts with non abelian lie group directly!
but how its start?

Register to reply