Share PF threads on social media sites

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, sharing interesting PF threads on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit is easy. Simply click on the "Share" option in the top right thread navigation and select the desired site. Visual aid is also available for assistance. However, for some people, promoting this website on social media may be considered "social suicide."
Did you know you can easily share interesting PF threads on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Reddit? At the top of each thread on the top right thread nav there is a dropdown menu called "Share". Simply click which site you want to share the thread and boom, that's it! Get the word out!

Attached is some visual help.

Attachments

• share.png
    share.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 416
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid that for someone of my age that would be social suicide. I do lurk a few other forums, and I'd be happy to post a thread (I could even possibly have it stickied) advertising this website.

Permanence said:
I'm afraid that for someone of my age that would be social suicide.

So we're the "Mr. Hyde" side of your social life? :uhh:

jtbell said:
So we're the "Mr. Hyde" side of your social life? :uhh:

I'll take it! :D

Question 1: Can I share PF threads on any social media site?

Yes, you can share PF threads on most social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit. The process may vary slightly depending on the platform, but generally you can copy and paste the link to the thread or use the social media sharing buttons provided on the PF website.

Question 2: Is there a specific way to format PF threads when sharing on social media?

No, there is no specific formatting required for sharing PF threads on social media. However, it is recommended to use a clear and concise title or summary for the post, and include any relevant hashtags or tags to increase visibility and reach.

Question 3: Can I share PF threads on social media even if I am not a member?

Yes, you can share PF threads on social media even if you are not a member of the PF community. However, if you want to actively participate in the discussion, you will need to sign up for a PF account.

Question 4: Are there any restrictions on sharing PF threads on social media?

No, there are no restrictions on sharing PF threads on social media. However, it is important to respect the privacy and confidentiality of other members, and to adhere to the community guidelines and terms of use for both PF and the social media platform you are using.

Question 5: Can I share PF threads on social media for commercial purposes?

It is generally not recommended to share PF threads on social media for commercial purposes. This may be viewed as spam and could result in your posts being removed or your account being suspended. It is best to use social media for genuine engagement and discussion about PF topics.