Register to reply

AdS/CFT derived from Kaluza theory

by Phys-excess
Tags: ads/cft, kaluza, string theory
Share this thread:
Phys-excess
Jan18-13, 06:44 PM
P: 6
Has there been a major breakthrough in AdS/CFT correspondence? The maths are so simple compared to what I normally read on AdS/CFT. Could this be accurate? Accurate or not, this an excellent theoretical exercise in the braneworld.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxV2...Jhd0d4eW8/edit
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators produces laser-like light emission
Do we live in a 2-D hologram? New Fermilab experiment will test the nature of the universe
Duality principle is 'safe and sound': Researchers clear up apparent violation of wave-particle duality
kevinferreira
Jan23-13, 06:03 AM
P: 123
I wish someone could answer to this question...
mitchell porter
Jan23-13, 09:21 AM
P: 755
Quote Quote by kevinferreira View Post
I wish someone could answer to this question...
The paper is nonsensical. It is so nonsensical that I don't even want to discuss it, because that will just encourage the author to try to explain it to me.

Naty1
Jan23-13, 09:56 AM
P: 5,632
AdS/CFT derived from Kaluza theory

Quote Quote by mitchell porter View Post
The paper is nonsensical. It is so nonsensical that I don't even want to discuss it, because that will just encourage the author to try to explain it to me.
glad you posted...I didn't understand the math, but that paper seemed REALLY weird!!

Like, poor introduction and no conclusions??????
Phys-excess
Jan23-13, 04:40 PM
P: 6
Quote Quote by mitchell porter View Post
The paper is nonsensical.
I agree. I think the scientific community's unified use English for scientific communication has a purpose. When a paper like this appears written in Esperanto using the wingdings dingbat font it can be nothing other than pure nonsense. Who even knows Esperanto or can read the dingbat fonts? The only reason I posted this is because I did understand the math which appears to explain AdS/CFT better than anyone else has.
mitchell porter
Jan23-13, 05:49 PM
P: 755
Quote Quote by Phys-excess View Post
The only reason I posted this is because I did understand the math which appears to explain AdS/CFT better than anyone else has.
AdS/CFT duality is a highly nontrivial equivalence between two quantum theories. The bulk of this paper talks about purely classical relations like boundary conditions. Quantum mechanics hardly shows up, except for a few token comments.
micromass
Jan23-13, 06:40 PM
Mentor
P: 18,278
This paper has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal. Therefore, we don't allow it on this forum.

Thread locked.

Register to reply