Cosmic Neutrino background?

by Mordred
Tags: background, cosmic, neutrino
Mordred
Jan30-13, 11:05 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,522
I'm currently reading a cosmology book, the book is 4 years old. I am looking for more recent articles and developments on the subject. This is in the nature of supportive study material.
Phys.Org News Partner Space news on Phys.org
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
Quest for extraterrestrial life not over, experts say
Sun emits a mid-level solar flare
bapowell
Jan31-13, 07:38 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,548
Check out the SPIRES database at http://inspirehep.net/.
This listing is returned when I search for 'find t cosmic neutrino background'.

SPIRES is one of the leading databases of HEP, cosmology, and astrophysics papers on the web. It includes preprints as well, so you shouldn't need to search arXiv separately.
skydivephil
Jan31-13, 07:41 AM
P: 439
This is a good pResentation on the CNB .
www-physics.lbl.gov/seminars/old/Petr_Vogel.pdf
My understanding is that this would be extremley difficult to measure as neutrinos interact hardly at all with matter. But if we could iT would mean we had a probe of the universe when it was only a few seconds old. The Cmb shows us the uuniverse 380k years after the big bang. So it would be extremley interesting . I would like to know if different models of inflation or of pre big bang cosmology make different predictions about the CNB. Anyone know this?

Mordred
Jan31-13, 08:28 AM
PF Gold

Cosmic Neutrino background?

Thanks for the links I haven't seen any related predictions but wouldn't be surprised if their are some
Chronos
Jan31-13, 10:35 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,182
Here is a recent [like today] paper discussing neutrino effects in the early universe, What is half a neutrino? Reviewing cosmological constraints on neutrinos and dark radiation - http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.7102
Mordred
Jan31-13, 01:25 PM
PF Gold
That was a very informative article. Answered a few questions I had relating to the book I'm reading. Unfortunately I cannot answer what half a neutrino means lol.
Bobbywhy
Jan31-13, 08:28 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,852
See this current (26 January 2013) article “Heart of the Matter”
Neutrinos’ shifty behavior might help explain why the universe has so much stuff in it. (p. 18)

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/issu..._2013_Vol183_2

Register to reply