Tags: programming, root
lamyaa
Feb4-13, 12:55 AM
P: 5
Hi all,

I want ask you about root programming, if I have the SMM data

How I can do the following:

1- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products

2- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy

3- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors

4- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.

thanks a lot,
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Mark44
Feb4-13, 02:53 PM
Mentor
P: 21,073
Quote Quote by lamyaa View Post
Hi all,

I want ask you about root programming, if I have the SMM data

How I can do the following:

1- Draw the charge, mass and energy distribution of the reaction products

2- Draw the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments as function of impact parameter and excitation energy

3- Draw the position distribution of the different fragments (as function of Z) to determine the geometrical acceptance of the detectors

4- Draw the Zmax as function of Zbound (do the same for each one as function of the impact parameter.

thanks a lot,
If you want any help, you need to show what you have done first. Is this schoolwork?
gbeagle
Feb5-13, 02:35 AM
P: 53
More info than you provided is needed for anyone to help you. These aren't generic ROOT questions. You are asking questions that would need extensive knowledge of the experiment this data is from. What is the SMM data? The Solar Maximum Mission? That's from the 1980s...

Also as was already asked, are these questions from an assignment? The wording sure seems like an assignment...

If it's not an assignment, do you know anyone else that works on this experiment? They would be the only ones that could help you.

lamyaa
Feb6-13, 05:59 AM
P: 5

root programming

I want to learning root programming and my Doctors give me some examples in nuclear physics and I will do that.

I have A (atomic mass number ) , Z ( atomic number) , E (Energy), impact, momentum and Theta data see attachment

My attempts is:

1- Draw between Z and A

2- Draw between Z and E

see attachment

How I can extract the multiplicity of intermediate mass fragments and the position of the different fragments from this data ?

thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
data.jpg   A&Z.jpg   E & Z.jpg  

Register to reply