What is the difference in applying -ve voltage at emitter and +ve coll

by dexterdev
Tags: applying, coll, difference, emitter, voltage
dexterdev
Feb15-13, 09:50 PM
P: 190
What is the difference in applying -ve voltage at emitter and +ve voltage at collector in attached circuit image? Really what I think is both circuits in thae image are identical. But then why -VEE?

-Devanand T
Attached Thumbnails
ckt.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
Large streams of data warn cars, banks and oil drillers
Engineering student developing traffic forecasts
vk6kro
Feb16-13, 06:37 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 4,003
The power supply voltages also affect the necessary input voltages.

For example in the second diagram, the transistor with -1.3 volts on its base will be turned off if the negative supply line is grounded but it is conducting if this line is at -5.2 volts.

This is because the base is more positive than the negative supply line in the second case, but less positive in the first case.
NascentOxygen
Feb17-13, 05:59 AM
HW Helper
P: 4,708
Quote Quote by dexterdev View Post
What is the difference in applying -ve voltage at emitter and +ve voltage at collector in attached circuit image? Really what I think is both circuits in thae image are identical. But then why -VEE?

-Devanand T
Over what range of input voltages will the arrangement in (a) function as an amplifier?

What about (b)?

dexterdev
Feb17-13, 07:52 AM
P: 190

What is the difference in applying -ve voltage at emitter and +ve coll

the circuit in (a) is basic ECL unit, range of inputs is 2 logic states at input -1.7 V and -0.8 V.

I was asking that what difference (a) has with (b) in voltage supply applied in terms of polarity.
NascentOxygen
Feb17-13, 09:22 PM
HW Helper
P: 4,708
Quote Quote by dexterdev View Post
the circuit in (a) is basic ECL unit, range of inputs is 2 logic states at input -1.7 V and -0.8 V.

I was asking that what difference (a) has with (b) in voltage supply applied in terms of polarity.
(b) will function in the same manner, but not with the input/output voltages that cause (a) to work.

Register to reply